It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2006, 08:50 PM   #1
Facilitator
(female)

MountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB User
Food Poisoning or Flu?

Last night I woke up in the middle of the night with severe stomache cramping, diarrhea and nausea. This lasted for a couple hours. After I finally fell back asleep, I woke about an hour later with the chilld--my teeth were seriously chattering. I piled on a couple blankets and finally fell back asleep. When I woke up again, I was sweating--probably because of the blankets (it has been in the upper 90's & 100's lately and my AC doesn't work very well). I took my temperature during the night, but is remained about 99.1--not much fever there. Looking back during the day, I realized I had a headache before I went to bed--just assumed it was a sinus problem. I felt better today, but still had nausea throughout the day. I have never had this happen to me before. Anyone had experience with this? I am guessing food poisoning or flu.

Old 07-27-2006, 07:36 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

wakkochic17 HB User
Re: Food Poisoning or Flu?

sounds like it could be either one, but my experience with food poisoning is that it comes on within an hour of what you ate. What you have sounds like what my b/f had about 2 years back. He woke up in the middle of the night sick and was miserable for the next two days before it cleared up. He thought it was food poisoning, but it didn't come on until about 5 hours after he ate.. and then the next day our friend came down with it.. and then the day after her husband got it! So that's what convinced us it was viral.
I know it's not fun either way.. so just keep hydrated and I hope you feel better!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-27-2006, 07:43 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User

I think you are right it could be food poisoning.. Gastric type of flu does not usually come on so quickly. But it can like the previous member said.
The treatment would be the same!!

I suggest you eat alot of yogurt that contains some good cultures--- I like and use Stonyfield Farm yogurt daily. It contains 4 additional cultures -- there are other just read the labels to make sure they contain additional cultures.

Kefir also contains alot of favorable good cultures--- I like the Helious brand best-- it's also organic.

God Bless~~~Harry

Last edited by Harry; 07-27-2006 at 07:53 AM.

Old 07-27-2006, 08:41 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

carisa HB User

I don't know where you are from, but here in California there is a major stomach flu going around. I have it right now. It involves serious stomach cramps, nausea, and diarrea. It is awful and it does come with quite a fever and chills, etc. Fun stuff.......

Old 07-27-2006, 08:44 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

carisa HB User

I just saw you are from Utah. My brother lives in Utah and was a counselor at a kids camp about a week ago and twenty kids, yes twenty, got the stomach flu. So it is going around there too. He said it was the worst week of his life. LOL. Can you imagine cleaning up after twenty kids with the stomach flu? No thanks!

Closed Thread