It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2006, 07:24 PM   #1
(male)

Given2Fly HB User
Question on gas?

I have been diagnosed with Atypical Acid reflux, with no endoscopy, ( I think I made the doctor late for a golf game). Unfortunately I don't have insurance, so I can't afford second and third opinions, anyways, I have been on Prevacid 2x a day for over a month now, and taking calcium/Magnesium supplements reccomended in other threads, but heres where it gets kind of weird, I don't have any of the symptoms I read about in the acid reflux boards, and I even told my doctor this., but I eat very bland and that helps, but sometimes I can eat pizza with no problem, I ate 3 slices the other day as an experiment, and didn't feel that bad, but tonight I had some mashed potatoes, and i feel horrible, just plain mashed potatoes. It feels like lots of bubbles are coming up from my stomach but I'm not burping, the just kinda pop at the top of my throat, and some get stuck causing me to gag. This happens a lot when I eat wat I think are healthy foods, salads, chicken stuff like that. Do I have a problem with gas moreso than acid, if so how do I make that feeling go away so I can get some sleep?

Sorry for the long post.

Old 07-28-2006, 01:17 PM   #2
(female)

sundaysun HB User
Re: Question on gas?

i'm afraid i don't have the answer for you but i have same symptoms too. and they're usually caused by "healthy" stuff. last night i had some rice with vegetables and was feeling like my stomach would explode. it was hurting the whole day today. i get same feeling as if there's lots of gas stuck in there, it kind of comes up but then gets stuck somewhere and i just can't burp it out. and it doesn't look like it's caused by certain foods, because same food goes well one time, and causes gas the other.
by the way i was diagnosed with acid as well (probably easiest diagnosis to make!) and prescribed antacids that didn't work. now waiting for hospital appointment to have some other tests. and gas is not the only symptom i've got. i also get dull pain, bloating, general discomfort in stomach, it varies from time to time. do you experience other symptoms too?
does anyone else have any ideas on this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-28-2006, 06:13 PM   #3
(male)

Given2Fly HB User

Yes, I do have much of the same symptoms, I feel bloated after just about every meal. But when it's bad it seems almost random, something could be fine one time, then the next, really bad. I think I'm going to try some beano or something before I eat for a while to see if that helps, but that stuff is fairly expensive. What's weird is tonight I had Arby's, a roast beef, bacon, and cheddar sandwich, with water, and feel pretty good right now

Old 07-29-2006, 02:29 PM   #4
(female)

sundaysun HB User

i've never heard of beano, did some research on internet today, it looks like worth of trying but i'm not sure if i can get it here in uk. however i've tried lots of different enzymes, none of them worked..

Closed Thread