It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2006, 02:57 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sharon76 HB User
Angela22f

Hi ANgela how are you??

Have you had any more tests yet?

Old 08-02-2006, 05:51 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Angela22F HB User
Re: Angela22f

Hey Sharon!!

Funny I just came on to see if you had made any new posts and to see how you were doing!

I am the same old. Only, I found out the GI doc that I saw last year thought that I had celiac's disease... but never informed me! Imagine! He did bloodwork and had scheduled an endoscopy for me... but nobody told me! So, I am currently trying to track down the blood work as the GIs office swears they sent it to my GP, but my GP (my old one at that) swears he doesn't have it. All I can say is, It's all fun and games... until somebody loses an eye... ha! Anyway, celiac disease would explain alot and does fit me fairly well, I just can't believe I was left out of the loop on this!

I also had an ultrasound on my liver/gallbladder/spleen about 2 weeks ago (July 19) but my new GP is off sick, so I am waiting on him for the results. I'm not really expecting anything to show on that, and will be flabbergasted if anything does lol.

How are you? Are you still doing the surgery? when is it scheduled for? Are you feeling any better?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-02-2006, 08:11 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sharon76 HB User

Hi

Amazing isn't it how doctors think they don't need tot ell you when they suspect something!!!!

The Gi doctor should have a copy of the report, can you not ask for that?

No date yet for surgery, still waiting. Keep having flare ups as well, but hopefully the date will come soon.

Old 08-03-2006, 11:16 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Angela22F HB User

Hey Sharon,

Just wanted to let you know that I got the ultrasound report, and as I knew it would be - it was normal!

So now I just have to wait for the appt I have with a new Gastro... Then she'll do the endoscopy and colonscopy and hopefully that will be the last test ever I have to do.

I was telling my GP about my previous Gastro and what happened. I don't think he is very knowledgable, as he tells me that with celiac the only thing I would have a problem with is wheat - or bread. Pasta's and so on would be fine according to him! lol o my, I think I know more than this guy!

In his opinion, it would be better for me if I had Crohn's... as Celiac means I have to change my entire diet... in MY opinion, celiac is better as it is ONLY a diet change and I should be relatively fine once my gut heals...

So, I'm just hanging tough until I get to the Gastro. I'm sooooo sick of doctors... I don't really care at this point what they all think... I just want to know what is wrong with me, you know?!

Argh... guess I wanted to vent as well lol.

Cheers!
Angela

Oh, I am on the case of getting the blood work report... I hate red tape lol It's not like it is top secret government files. It is MY bloodwork for crying out loud!

Old 08-04-2006, 04:48 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sharon76 HB User

Lol , fancy a doctor saying it would be better if you had crohn's!!!! Lol some doctors really haven't a clue.

You're lucky, coz over here in the uk we don't get our blood reports as routine, We can only see our blood reports with a doctor. We can not take them out of the office.

Hopefully the endo and the colonoscopy will show something which will help towards a diagnosis.

I still think that they shoudl look in the previous test you had a while ago where it showed slow emptying of your stomach. the barium was it??? surely that is a sign of a problem somewhere

Old 08-07-2006, 05:57 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

Angela22F HB User

Most docs here won't give the results of tests either... I have managed once to get copies of bloodwork... but I got that from the doctor himself as his staff said that they do not give the results under any circumstances. I look at it like this... it is MY bloodwork, I deserve to have it.

With the bloodwork/urine analysis that I did get copies of... well after I got copies and looked it over myself, I noticed that I had a urine infection and actual anemia, not just a deficiency... two things the doctor failed to tell me. Actually he told me I did not have an infection... lol... I have NO LUCK!

Anyway, so yeah, now I drag the results out of the doctors.

It was the barium swallow with follow through that they noticed the slow emptying... but the doctors (two separate GPs at that) see no significance in that. I will bring this up with the gastro when I see her and get her take on it. My honest hope is that biopsies (from the endoscopy and colonscopy) will finally give me a diagnosis and then I can start a treatment.

Thank you for your support... it has been so greatly appreciated... saved my sanity at times lol.

I hope you are feeling better, and well on your way to recovery. Have you found out anything else regarding surgery etc?

Old 08-16-2006, 07:51 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sharon76 HB User

Hi ANgela

how are you doing?

Old 08-16-2006, 08:29 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

Angela22F HB User

Moving backwards again now....

Nil by mouth... severe pain... rapidly losing weight yet again... I honestly wish I had something better to post.

How are you?

Old 08-16-2006, 10:13 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sharon76 HB User

You start to wonder when at some point somebody is going to put you out of your misery and tell you wants wrong. Don't you? There is only so much a person can do for themselves without medical intervention!!

Keep pressing your GP and try get the apointments brought forward. Remember don't give up on chasing the GP up

I'm ok, like you, good days and bad days, past few eeks it's been more bad days to be honest, and again i vary from day to day whether im nil by mouth depending on my flare up. Still waiting for my surgery date, just hope it's sooner rather than later.

Sharon

xx

Closed Thread