It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2006, 09:56 AM   #1
(female)

xxkittyxx HB User
Unhappy What are these pains need advice!

hi for the last few mths ive been experiencing some abdo discomfort on and off located just below my sternum, its a kind of a twinging pain that lasts a minute or 2 then goes away. i feel bloated there much of the time and have been suffering with nausea and vomiting, went thru a phase where i couldnt eat for 2 weeks lost around half a stone over the space of a mth, been to a & e a few times all they did was prod me around and tell me its probably gastritus, the last week things have been alot worse i have pain between my shoulders like a constant ache in my back, daily headaches caused by the back pain?? feelings of lethagy and my stools have been a clay color for ages, im weeing alot more too! im currently waiting for an appt with gastro doc and an ultrasound to look at my gallbladder, could be waiting another 3 weeks yet tho, nhs is rediculous! Anybody else had this, if anyone could shed some light on this it would be much appreciated as im really struggling here, thanks!

Old 08-04-2006, 11:23 AM   #2
(female)

pbjmom HB User
Smile Re: What are these pains need advice!

I am not sure exactly, but it does sound similar to gallbladder problems. You could have stones or just a gallbladder that is not functioning properly. DO you eat a lot of fatty foods? Track what you eat and see if any of the symptoms come after eating which foods. This will be helpful to the gastro as well. Check around on the internet and look at GERD, acid reflux and gallbladder disease. It seems as though you may have one of those three things....I am no doctor but have gallstones. My pain is in my mid back between the shoulder blades more on the left side and nausesous a lot.

Ask your doctor to do a HIDA scan. I have not had one since my stones are large and can be seen on an ultrasound. From what I hear a HIDA test will detect if your gallbladder is working and at what percentage it does work.

Read some other threads and you can gain a lot of info from others as well. IT sure has helped me!

Good luck!
pbjmom

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-04-2006, 11:31 AM   #3
(female)

Meegan HB User
Re: What are these pains need advice!

Could be acid reflux?

Old 08-04-2006, 07:37 PM   #4
(female)

crampster HB User

Meegan,
Not sure about reflux.. pain in sternum area could be reflux... pain under right ribcage and back can be gallbladder. However, try a hot water bottle placed under the right rib cage to sooth a little. The doc really needs to help you find out what it is....
crampster

Old 08-05-2006, 02:16 AM   #5
(female)

xxkittyxx HB User

Yea im in the process of waiting for an ultrasound and appt with gastro doc its just taking so long and things seem to be getting worse! just hope i can hold out!

Old 08-05-2006, 05:44 PM   #6
(female)

crampster HB User

xxkittyxx,
R u feeling ant better today?
crampster

Closed Thread