It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2006, 03:00 AM   #1
(female)

Jaypey HB User
Red face Belching relieved by eating

Can anyone liken to this problem that I have as it is driving me crazy and causing me a lot of embarrassment.

I have for some years now had these 'attacks' of belching around the time that my stomach starts to empty. It starts off with dreadful rumbling sounds in my stomach and is horribly loud. Then comes the need to expel the air as it rises upwards. But this can go on for ever and there never seems to be an end to it and ultimately I will have to eat something to make it cease. This is driving me crazy with embarrassment as well as making me fat as I am eating food when I don't want it. Can anyone relate to this please?

Jay

Old 08-07-2006, 09:52 PM   #2
(female)

De Yone HB User
Re: Belching relieved by eating

Jay
I have the same thing since my gallbladder removal. I belch and belch. I have tried enzymes. Some with Hydrochloric acid which burned my stomach. I take enzymes w/o Hydrochloric acid and they don't prevent the burping. I just move and I burp. I eat and I burp. Is your mid-back sore where your esophogas and stomach meet? I've burped for almost one and a half years. Let me know what your think. Dee

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-07-2006, 10:17 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User

You can do a search -- Controlling Intestinal Gas---

The biggest cause is swallowing air that needs to be expelled??

Old 08-13-2006, 12:43 AM   #4
(female)

Jaypey HB User

Hi, no pain as such in midback. It just comes on like clockwork. Say around 10am when you start to feel hungry, that's when it will start. That said, sometimes it can happen straight after eating also. I could deal with that side of it, but find it so embarassing when my inside start to make awful noises. Will look at that search....thankyou.

Jay

Old 08-14-2006, 11:32 PM   #5
(female)

De Yone HB User

Harry:

The doctors said that I was swallowing air, also. I never had this before my gallbladder was out. I think it may be that when I went into surgery they must have moved my organs and caused a slight hernia and that can make you belch. Since I never had this constant belching before, the surgery caused it. I just want to remedy it because the build up of air in the mid-back area hurts and the constant belching causes my esophogas/stomach to be constantly sore, along with my throat. I sure hope it will just disappear one day. De Yone

Old 08-15-2006, 07:11 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User

De Yone,
A good homeopathic remedy that helps passing upward --belching is-- Carbo Veg 6X -- taken as needed.
You can buy it at a health food store.

Harry

Old 08-31-2006, 09:33 AM   #7
(female)

De Yone HB User

Harry:

Thanks for the info. My problem is that I belch all the time. When I swallow, when I stand up, sit down.....all this happened after my gallbladder surgery. It was found that my lower esophogeal sphincter is not really tight. But, that could have been before and how could that have happened during the surgery unless the surgeon moved my organs out of the way and stretched it---I don't know. The air builds up in my back and gurgles in my stomach until I belch it out. My back is sore from almost a year and a half of this going on. I will look into the Carbo Veg 6X--Does it help me to belch or does it help my stomach digest food? Let me know. Thanks for your time. De Yone

Old 08-31-2006, 09:39 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

Carbo Veg -- helps you belch. It also helps when the simplest food causes distress. It also helps with slow digestion.

Last edited by Harry; 08-31-2006 at 09:40 AM.

Closed Thread