It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2006, 11:48 PM   #1
(male)

xx_wrigley_xx HB User
feed up with doctors

ok so im 17 6"1 110lbs
my digestive problems started like 6 months ago and im finally sick of doctors just staring at me while i explain my symptoms. it started as just diarrhea occasionally but then it was like everyother day and when i didnt have it i didnt go. well eventually i started feeling jolts of pain on my right side and my left side every now and then. about three inches from the hiop bones and i noticed that after i use the bathroom that a yellow liquid or white bubbly substance would come out. also i developed internal hemmoriods.so i went to the doctor and she sent me for blood work and a stool test and they both came out fine. she said i might have chron's or ibs. but i would have to go to a gastrologist. which i dont want to do because im 17 and thast awkward. so before i make and appointment i was woundering if anyone else could have some idea or name of something i have so i dont get blank stares.

Old 08-08-2006, 02:27 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sharon76 HB User
Re: feed up with doctors

Hi Wrigley

There could be a few things that are causing your problems. See if you can relate to any of them, hopefully it may help.

You say you have loose stools with mucus at times and pain on left and right side. The location of the pain sounds like your large bowel. This pain could be caused by your large bowel cramping due to constipation. I know you said that you have loose stools but here me out first. When a person becomes constipated they can have whats called overflow diahrea. This is when the large bowel is so full of faeces that when it cramps to help move the stools along they can't get it out due to constiaption, so fluid builds up in the bowel and when a person goes to the toilet they are actually evacuating the over flow fluid.

A way to find out if you are severly constipated is to have an x ray done of the large bowel. The x ray will show up any large amount of faeces in your bowel. The x ray is simple and very quick.

Your symptoms could also relate to IBS, this can cause loose stools, pain in the bowel area which could explain why your stool test came back normal.

I have crohn's and too be honest your symptoms doesn't sound like crohn's. But im no doctor and everybodys symptoms can be different. Therefore it could be crohn's. This is just my opinion.

I hope this helps in some way and please feel free to ask any questions and i will try and help the best i can.

Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-08-2006, 06:25 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

claflamme HB User

Actually the Gastroenterologist or GI doctor is who figured out what is wrong with my 2 yr old daughter. And what only took 1 week. Her pediatrician didn't know after 1 1/2 years. It is definetely worth seeing a GI because that is what they deal with. Trust me you won't get strange looks there.That is their area of expertise.
It may take a little time to get an appt,But well worth it.

Old 08-08-2006, 11:58 AM   #4
(male)

Mr.1 HB User

xx_wrigley_xx

I was just wondering. When you say you are getting jolts of pain on the left and right, do you mean the front of the abdomen, or the sides of your hips down the top of the legs????

The first thing you should do is take a soluble fiber like citrucel every day, no cheating.

And probably the second thing you should do is see the G.I. doc.
I say that, although i agree with you 100%. Ive seen 5 g.i. docs, and i dont like any of them. They are pompous conceited self righteous unfeeling wealthy snobs without compassion.
(If your doctor doesnt apply, you are lucky)

Old 08-08-2006, 09:56 PM   #5
(male)

xx_wrigley_xx HB User

its definantly in the front abdomen lol thanks for the feedback i told my mom to make me and appointment and it comes to find out that i wasted my time going to see the Nurse Practicioner because i dont have to have a referral to see a gastrologist so that was a waste of time. i have an appointment next week and my other doctor gave me a prescription of dicyclomine to help it does little but well see what the G.I. says thanks for the response

Closed Thread