It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2006, 11:37 AM   #1
(female)

ShazzaUk HB User
Question Anybody suffered these symptoms

Hi i am new here. I have been suffering for about 4 months with stomach aches, bad cramps, burning sensation in stomach, gurgling in stomach, nausea and generally feeling weak. I have also lost about a stone in weight but this could be down to the fact that i have a new job which is manual and involves lifting.

I get these feelings everyday and i am now having anxiety attacks worrying that something is seriously ill.

THe symptoms are worse after eating spicy/greasy food and after any alcohol.

Any comments would be most helpful.

Thanks
ShazzaUk

Old 08-12-2006, 01:23 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

MAD MAZ HB User
Re: Anybody suffered these symptoms

Hello and Welcome, Like you I have been having realy bad stomach problems, it all started under my right rib back in january, And in febuary I started feeling nausea nad having pain in the middle of my belly, like you burning pain , also getting pain under my left rib. I feel so weak and am so worried that it is something more serious going on, I have been to A&E
and they say go back to your doctor, I have had a scan on my gall-bladder to see if I have gall stones it come back ok, I am going for a Endscopy on thursday I am scared , But the doctor said that it might not show what the problem is and that I may need a CT scan. Are you looking realy pale , I am !! how old are you , do have any children I have 3 kids 2 boys and 1 girl. Let me know how things go with you. I have always had a problem with anxiety and all this is making things so much worse.
what tests have you had???

take care ...Mandy

Last edited by MAD MAZ; 08-12-2006 at 01:24 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-12-2006, 06:01 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

diamond79 HB User

I have the same symptoms as you and I was diagnosed with Chronic Mild Gastritis via an endoscopy. I have been on Pantoloc for over a year now and my symptoms have actually been getting worse the past 2 weeks. I have been having horrible acid reflux, burning across my whole abdomen, pain under my left rib--like a full feeling, and worse of all nausea. I have made an appointment with my dr. AGAIN (for what seems like the 100th time in a short while) to get this sorted out once and for all. I have 3 kids as well (2 girls and a boy) and I don't have time to lay on the couch feeling sick all day!
Sorry to hear that you guys are suffering as well. I hope you feel better soon!

Old 08-12-2006, 09:44 PM   #4
(female)

TERESABURNETT HB User
Lightbulb Re: Anybody suffered these symptoms

first of all, don't stress over it. Stress can make anything worse. You said it was worse after spicy-greasy foods? Take charge of yourself! Cut off the spicy and especially greasy foods. Cut out the acidy foods to. Like juices, coffee, raw tomatoes,and carbonated beverages. Cut out the boose for the test period. Stop taking over the counter painkillers like asperin. Now get some yougurt drinks and start your day with one..or the fruited yogurt is great. LOW FAT. Get a good quality chicken bullion or chicken base. Drink a hot cup, like you would a cup of tea. IF there is a bile problem, the broth will wash it into the system and "settle" the bile. Yogurt starts working when you put it into your mouth, and works right up to the "end". Look at what you are eating. Greasy fries or ice cream or even that glass of milk you think is helping your stomach, actually kicks your bile into the system. Eat yogurt for a few days, even before bed. Do what is best for yourself...eat it every day. If you watch the grease, dairy, acid foods for a few weeks, or even days, you can get your digestive system back on a smooth running path. Get yourself onto a healthy diet. It is your body and you have to operate it correctly. Put some sugar in your gas tank and see what happens? High fiber foods can cause gas...but there are products like beano that can help that. Now if you faithfully try this for a while, and the same discomfort continues, go to the doctor. You can tell him what you did and it will help him rule out somethings. "Touch" where it hurts, Some clear descriptions of your pain can speak right to the cause. If the plan you followed helps you...stay with it. Change your life to get yourself right. Do not celebrate with a greasy pizza.

Old 08-13-2006, 01:11 AM   #5
(female)

ShazzaUk HB User

Mandy sometimes i do seem pale. I have two son aged 11 and 2. I have had no tests so far but think it is about time i asked for some. THe doctor prescribed me with Lansoprazole tablets which are used to treat excess acid in the stomach and are also used to treat ulcers.

I will try the system Teresa has suggested but i am still going to get booked inthe docs this week. I am fed up with my anxieties about it all getting worse. It is now stopping me doing things i should be doing etc.

Thanks
ShazzaUk

Old 08-13-2006, 01:31 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

MAD MAZ HB User

Good morning, I was on Lansoprazole for 3 months, and was still getting pain, I was also on a tablet for the nausea, all it did was give me real bad headache's. my daughter is 22, and my two boys are 15 and 4 soon to be five
Diamond 79 how did your Endoscopy go I am scared!!
God Bless I will come back on later ....Mandy

Last edited by MAD MAZ; 08-13-2006 at 01:32 AM.

Old 08-13-2006, 03:27 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

bevann26 HB Userbevann26 HB Userbevann26 HB User

welcome to these boards. you are lucky you got replies. i am new also, posted last wk and still none.
i have your symptoms, plus more, and was diagnosed yrs ago with a hiatal hernia.
my post is under bevann26, if you would like to read it.
hope you get relief soon, stomach problems are terrible!

Old 08-13-2006, 11:11 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

diamond79 HB User

MAD MAZ,

The endoscopy was fine. I had it almost a year ago (maybe more). I was awake through it even though most people are asleep and don't remember a thing. Honestly, it wasn't that bad. The worse part was the numbing spray they use for the back of your throat...it tastes horrible and the nozzle made me gag (the nurse shoved the thing right in the back of my throat near my gag reflex). I have a feeling I will be getting another one done soon because none of the PPI's have been working for me for some reason. I am actually hoping to get another one just to know what shape my stomach is in because of all the burning, fullness, etc.
Don't be scared. It is a simple procedure and will tell you what is wrong with your stomach/esophagus.
Good Luck!

Old 08-13-2006, 11:38 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sharon76 HB User

Madmaz and Shazza...............

When you both go back to your doctors strongly push to have a barium meal of the small bowel carried out. An endoscopy will not show up problems with your small bowel. And i think you both may have problems with your small bowel going from your symptoms.

I may be wrong but you both seem to be having alot of the same symptoms i had and a small bowel barium diagnosed my illness

take care

Old 08-13-2006, 11:55 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

MAD MAZ HB User

Sharon I have got to have the tube up my bum sorry!! but not until I get the appointment in about 3 months (NHS) In the U.K is a little slow, what did it show up on you, did you have the same problems as me hun. I am scared as I dont know whats going on with my body,what do they do when you have a small bowel barium???
take care ...Mandy

Old 08-13-2006, 12:49 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sharon76 HB User

Hi MAndy

I had the large bowel barium enema, this is the one where the tube went in my bum and barium liquid filled up my large bowel, that came back clear.

The small bowel enema (barium) is when you drink the barium liquid and they take x rays of your small bowel. This showed up i have crohn's disease.

My problems were huge weight loss, was eventually diagnosed as anorexic due to the amount i lost. I was being sick, had horrendous pain in my abdomen, it was severly distended and i had alot of joint pain.

I understand completely how you feel, i thought the worse..........cancer!!! and i honestly felt i would die if i lost anymore weight.

Also ask for blood tests and ask to have your ESR level checked, this is an indication of inflammation in the body if it comes back high.

Im not going to say try and not worry, coz i have been there and it is impossible, but take each day as it comes and dont over do anything. Get as much rest as you can and eat what you can eat, even if its only soup.

I'm in the UK and i have been a victim of the long NHS waiting lists, they dont rush even when a person is very ill and the weight is dropping off them, they dont seemed concerned

Last edited by Sharon76; 08-13-2006 at 12:53 PM.

Old 08-13-2006, 01:22 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

MAD MAZ HB User

Thanks you so much for getting back to me, I have not lost any weight!!
and I do eat ok I think that is why the doctors think its all iin my head, I realy cant stand the pain it is everyday, sometimes its under my right rib sometimes its under my left rib some time it on both sides and somtimes its above my belly button.the pain is sometimes like a sharp knife, sometimes its like a dull pain but I have pain mostly all the time,it can also feel like its presure pulling on my or under my ribs at the front, Is this like what you have ???
you take care ...Mandy
Where about in the U.K are you I am in Essex!!

Last edited by MAD MAZ; 08-13-2006 at 01:25 PM.

Old 08-14-2006, 11:18 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sharon76 HB User

Hi Mandy

Im in the northwest area, Cheshire.

I find it hard to describe my pain because i have never experienced anything like it before, it's worse than childbirth!!!

My pain would start on the right hand side going down my rib into my ovary and groin area. It would also be at its worse around my naval area, again just to the right hand side. When it would flare up i would walk stooped over like an old woman because everytime i tried straightening up it would feel like something would snap between my ribs and my naval area, almost as if i was over stretching something. It felt as if i had something pulling into the stooping position, almost like an elastic band being pulled tight.

Hope this makes sense.

I later found out that all this pain is due to my small bowel being severely narrowed and inflammed. i am waiting to have part of my small bowel and large bowel removed along with my appendix. I am meant to be having the op done soon as i am on the urgent list

Sharon x

Old 08-14-2006, 01:17 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

MAD MAZ HB User

I do hope all goes well for you hun, pain is so not nice to live with, I would just like to be normal again. Not that I have ever been normal (lol)
see why I have the name Mad Maz!!
when do you think you will have the opp!!
how old are you, you do have a lot of thing going on at the moment, I have been so sad today with the pain I have had pain near my kidneys, under my right and left ribs it making go crazy with worry I have the kids that need me, my 4 year old boy Mason will be having hos tonsils out next monday, I am scared of that, I am always worrying, sorry for going on. You take good care of yourself hun ...Mandy xxx

How you doing Shazzal uk???

Last edited by MAD MAZ; 08-14-2006 at 01:20 PM.

Old 08-14-2006, 01:36 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sharon76 HB User

No need to apologise for venting , we all need to at times. Im sure i done enough of it when i was at my worse!!!

Im 30 and till last august i was in very good health. i went back to work 9 weeks ago after being on th esick for 10 months. I have also returned to my studies and i have 3 children all under the age of 14. I have alot going on at the moment and i do sometimes struggle with the illness and general family life. I take each day as it comes, thats all i can do till i have my op. I have been told my op will be august september time. And i am terrified as it is a major op to have. I owrk in the medical field so i am more aware of the dangers of surgery and mrsa plus other complications so that is worrying me as well.

I wish you and Shazza all the very best and i hope you both find out soon what is wrong so you can both put a stop to the pain. Like i said i truely understand what you are both going through and i am thinking of you both.

Speedy recovery to you both

xx

Closed Thread