It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2006, 02:45 PM   #1
(female)

pbjmom HB User
GI Doctor question

I had my gallbladder out last week. Prior to that, I had not seen a GI doc. I knew I had stones, but was not symptomatic until a few months before the surgery.

Do I need to be seeing a GI doc now? I feel like I should just to get a yearly check-up on the whole digestive tract and make sure all is working on a regular basis but don't know if this is unnecessary. Any advice?

Thanks,
pbjmom

Old 08-13-2006, 02:58 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: GI Doctor question

I haven't felt the need to and don't really see why unless you start having other issues. My internist was able to answer any questions I had after I was released from the surgeon.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-14-2006, 07:52 PM   #3
(female)

crampster HB User

Hey PBJmom,
How are you doing? In regards to GI doc see if you can find one that is recommended if you choose to follow up wiyh one. I kinda agree though unless you are having issues you probably don't need to see one, but if you do try and see one that comes recommended if at all possible. That might save you some time, money and misery.
Crampster

Old 08-15-2006, 11:54 AM   #4
(female)

pbjmom HB User

Thanks Crampster and Titchou!

I am doing okay. Some good days and some bad days. I am still getting upper back and shoulder pains. Surgeon just nodded as if that was normal. I assume so. It probably is a combo of tension, surgery gas and inactivity. Still bugs me though.

I also have been having a bad leg cramp in my right leg. Taking tons of vitamins and minerals, drinking gobs of water etc. Surgeon told me to take my px for motrin for a few days. IF not better come back for a leg ultrasound to check for clot. He and I both don't think it is one. It is not swelling, warmer than the other leg or showing any redness, nor is there a sharp pain when I flex my foot. Again, can't figure it out!
Anything like this ever happen to you?

How was the first day of school, Crampster?
pbjmom

Old 08-15-2006, 06:21 PM   #5
(female)

crampster HB User

Hope it isn't a bloodclot those can be dangerous. I thought
i might have had one once the test was positive.... my 21 year old daughter had the same problem after she banged her leg up and was immobile for a week or two... her test was positive. We both had ultrasounds which proved negative for blood clot. Apparently the test we had done was not very accurate.... but then the doctor warned me they had doubts about the accuracy of the test...

First day of school was okay I got in at 7:00... it was harder than I thought it would be. There was so much I wanted to get done but I am under warning of 25 pound weight restriction so that is hard... especially when I am used to lifting 20 inch tv's and the like. My daughter came up to help me flip a couple of tables around. Why they moved them is anyones guess... cause if they cleaned the carpet I sure can't tell it still had some really dirty spots.
I left early around noon ... short day... my mom was leaving town after visiting a couple of days...so we all went to lunch.... There is another fun thing. Eating... I sure hate it now... everything seems to run right through me... hope you aren't having the same problem. Sorry to hear you are still having pain. I find that if I try to do anything with twisting motion, vaccum, or even try to push or pick up anything of 20 pounds I pay for it later... so be careful.

Crampster

Closed Thread