It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2006, 10:48 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

diamond79 HB User
Question Anyone here take Nexium and/or Motilium?

Anyone take Nexium and is it any different then Pantoloc(Protonix)--side effect wise? My dr. prescribed Nexium and Motilium to take after the Pantoloc stopped working recently. Also, has anyone taken Motilium (I think its also called Domperidone)? What are your experiences with it?

Thanks!

Old 08-17-2006, 12:01 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

MAD MAZ HB User
Re: Anyone here take Nexium and/or Motilium?

Take a look under Shazza uk thread, I hope this helps ...Mnady

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-17-2006, 06:34 PM   #3
(male)

danielm HB Userdanielm HB User

I have been put on both and indeed I've stopped taking both because they haven't been helping me at all.

The Nexium is used to manage acid, whilst the Motilium is used to aid bile flow for digestion.

Neither of them are working for me so I am not taking it anymore, but I don't recall any side effects from taking them. Hope that info helps.

Old 08-18-2006, 02:21 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

diamond79 HB User

Thanks to both of you! I haven't taken the Motilium but I did start the Nexium yesterday and so far no major problems besides a little dizziness and hot flashes.

Old 08-18-2006, 10:27 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

WannaBeFreeToRoam HB UserWannaBeFreeToRoam HB UserWannaBeFreeToRoam HB User

Hi Diamond,

I take Nexium. I have been for several years. Before that I took Protonix and Pepcid Complete and Zantac. The Nexium, taken anytime in the early morning (3 - 5 am), just make sure it is 1 hour before eating. It works really really well for me. The only time that I have any sort of problem, is when I eat too too much chocolate at night and too too much coffee! And of course when I eat too much of the wrong foods.

I take mine for gastritis, esophagial varicies, and ulcers. I will probably just take it for the rest of my life. No side effects at all. Except money wise.

You just need to take it the 1 hour before eating, so it can work on your empty stomach. And try really hard not too have too much stress and try really hard to eat the correct foods.

Good Luck

Wannabe

Closed Thread