It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2006, 08:15 PM   #1
(female)

crampster HB User
PBJMom and Gigi D from crampster

Just checkin on you guys hope you are doing better now. Don't take it too fast I was pushing some things around today on a cart...but that apparently did not help. My belly buttom and tummy sure burn now. It has been over 2 weeks.... but someone told me it really takes months to get back to normal after the gallbladder is removed.

crampster

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-17-2006, 08:22 AM   #2
(female)

pbjmom HB User
Re: PBJMom and Gigi D from crampster

Hi Crampster and Gigi D

I am getting better! I feel like I had acid reflux and that seems to be subsiding a bit. I feel like I am getting more energy each day. Today was my kids first day back to school, so I plan on catching up on laundry and rest during loads.
I have called my surgeon about my leg cramps and some pain down my right leg. I think I told you earlier that we both don't think blod clot but may do an ultrasound just to be safe. The nurse thinks some of it may be sciatica...again not sure.

I feel better than I actually sound!! I hope you guys are doing well. Keep posting so we can keep up with progress and life!
pbjmom

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-17-2006, 09:46 AM   #3
(female)

crampster HB User

Hi PBJMom and Gigi D,
No doing well today.... someone I work with needed help. Needed to move a metal cart on wheels up 5 stairs. I though ok this shouldn't be to hard it's only 5 stairs and there was nothing on the cart.

Wrong!!!! I was in pain last night had to take my last pain pill. I'm going to have to call the doc today to get a couple more pain pills. I was walking doubled over by this morning. Had to stay home from work. I had burning feeling around my belly button. If I touched around my belly button it burned even more.

Bad move... hopefully I can go back to work on Friday. Our students have not returned to school yet... they do not come back until the first week in September after right after Labor Day. I guess that is good it gives me a little more time to get some things done plus time to recover from this mybad.

So just remember even if you are feeling much better... you might want to wait a while before you lift anything over 25 pounds because boy will thatset you back..... I think I will give it another month before I try to lift anything over 25 pounds....it is just not worth it. I hurt about 50% of the pain I had after surgery.

You guys hang in there and don't do too much...
crampster

Old 08-17-2006, 11:32 AM   #4
(female)

pbjmom HB User

Crampster- Did you say you had some test for possible blod clots? 'i heard the best test is the ultrasound. i still have no symptoms for a blood clot but just cramps in the leg.

'thanks
pbjmom

Old 08-17-2006, 01:54 PM   #5
(female)

crampster HB User

It was some kind of test that they ran on the blood....
it was unreliable (in fact my doctor said it was not real reliable before the results where even back).... it was positive for both my daughter and I. We followed that up with a dopler ultrasound which will identify where the clot is... but they couldn't find a clot..... which was good.

Hang in there.... hope you are feeling better. Don't overdue... I sure learned that big time yesterday.
crampster

Old 08-17-2006, 02:36 PM   #6
(female)

pbjmom HB User

The doc wants to do a doppler ultrasound (venous ??) and if that comes back negative (which we are pretty sure it will) I will probably be sent to a neuro. It may be a nerve issue since it is from my pubic area to the foot. He just wants to see what these symptoms are since they developed after surgery.

Thanks! And I promise to take it easy...you, too! No lifting up any stairs!!
pbjmom

Old 08-17-2006, 03:14 PM   #7
(female)

crampster HB User

Just talked to my surgeon a couple of minutes ago.... he wants me in for follow up by next week. He said what I was describing to him sounds like I might have popped a stitch. Lovely..... but he is calling in pain meds to keep me comfortable. I guess that will teach me.....No More Lifting.
crampster

Old 08-17-2006, 07:01 PM   #8
(female)

pbjmom HB User

Hey Crampster!

I am so sorry you may have popped a stitch. Where is it located? I don't know much about different things surgeons use to close off things inside. I found out I have titanium clips. It kind of freaks me out a bit. I know this is common, but it is not what I would expect. Guess, that is why I never went into the medical profession! I was a teacher before I had the twins and will probably go back one day.

I hope you are doing better with some good meds! Take care!
pbjmom

Old 08-17-2006, 08:41 PM   #9
(female)

Gigi D HB User

Hi Crampster and PBJMom! Sorry, I've been pretty busy lately and just now found the time to check in.

Crampster-awww, that's too bad! That stinks that you've been feeling worse. At least now you've got some more pain pills. Stay in bed as much as possible and just take it easy.

PBJMom-sounds like you aren't doing too badly, that's good to hear ! Hopefully the pain in your legs will ease up and isn't anything too serious. And remember, as a word of caution, even when you're having good days don't overdo! I've made that mistake more than once.

I'm doing pretty good-I have my good days and bad days. Today was a really good day-not much pain at all. My problem is that I had (well, have) other issues outside of the gallbladder. I can't wait to get everything resolved! The doctors I've seen haven't been able to find the source of all my problems yet. Crampster, you've mentioned that you have IBS-did it take a long time for you to get diagnosed and are your symptoms under control now? I'm starting to think maybe that's what I have-I don't have the classic symptoms for it, and have rectal bleeding and pain every day, but I'm running out of any other possible diagnosis. It's very frustrating!
But anyways, back to recovery from gallbladder surgery, I'm healing pretty well and doing good. I see my surgeon again next month just to check over the incisions and also to make sure I don't have a hernia or anything.

Good luck both of you-take care!

Old 08-17-2006, 10:58 PM   #10
(female)

crampster HB User

IBS...... Gigi hmmmmmmmmmmmm excuse the pun... is a pain in the butt.

You were running fevers right??? One of the symptoms of ulcertive colitis. Check this out???
You never get rid of IBS so most of us learn to cope... a balancing act of calcium and meds for IBS-D (some people who have gallbladder surgery sometimes get something called

... you ready for this "dumping syndrome" it is exactly what it sonds like ... not sure about IBS-C.

Pbjmom,
Twins huh... that will keep u busy. Last year my school should have been called twin city.... Principal had twins... one of my co-workers had twins.... we had 2 sets of twin seudents that I knew of at my high school... this year the new Assts=ant principal just had twins last week. I myself have what is called Irish twins... 2 children born within the same year and for 18 says they are the same age.

I think the stitch I popped was inside around the belly button... must not be to urgent cause he wants to see me next week.. not Friday.

Well check on you guys later ...don't overdo, not sur if I will work Friday...one day at a time. Maybe I'll go in and see if I can make it through the day.
crampster

Old 08-17-2006, 11:05 PM   #11
(female)

crampster HB User

OK...
.........but on the bright side... since I had to stay home I went shopping on QVC.... well I thought bright... my husband didn't. They had gold jewelry all day..oooooh...aaaaah.... bling.bling. my husband bought my xmas present...
I'm not really a materialist person ... but I sure like gold......

My said I wouldn't wait until xmas to wear the necklace... but I will.... it was fun to pick out my own present. Lucky me... I got something I've always wanted.
crampster

Old 08-20-2006, 11:06 AM   #12
(female)

pbjmom HB User

Hi Gigi and Crampster!

I have been visiting with friends this weekend here while my husband had to go out of town. My girlfriends (one has had her gallbladder out) wanted to come help with the kids and make sure I didn't do too much. What a help! They are good friends.

Anyway, just wanted to check on you guys and see how you are feeling. I have had a few days of bad stomach issues. I am eating well still, just don't know if this is some post surgery stuff or what. Heck, I could have a stomach bug for all I know or it could be acid reflux. Just funny after feeling really good for almost 10 days post surgery to feeling sick to the tummy.

I went and had an ultrasound on my legs to rule out any blood clot. Of course, as we expected all was fine. The cramping in my legs is getting better. I may have to go see a neurologist to see if I could have a little nerve damage, possible sciatica.

Wow, this all sounds bad! But, I really am feeling good post surgery. I am one of the lucky ones not have to run to the bathroom. My system seems to be working well.

Keep me posted on how you guys are doing! Have a good week!
pbjmom

Old 08-20-2006, 06:37 PM   #13
(female)

crampster HB User

Hi PBJMom,
Still haging in there... have been taking it easy since I hurt myself last week. I see the surgeon for follow up on Monday. Have you noticed a change in your appetite since the surgery? Any foods you particularly have issues with?
crampster

Old 08-21-2006, 07:10 PM   #14
(female)

pbjmom HB User

Hi Crampster!
How was your appt with your surgeon? I hope everything went well.

I have been trying to track what I eat to see what doesn't agree with me. My appetite is definitely back. Yogurt is really helping me. I eat that first before I have a cup of coffee. I have eaten pasta and marinara, chicken dishes (some low-fat, some not) the like. I have found that if I eat sugar type things or fruit on an empty stomach, it rocks my world. I love carnation instant breakfast. I drink it with skim milk (skim by itself is fine) but add the carnation stuff and I hurt pretty bad. Someone made us chocolate cake and I ate some, but only after a meal and had no problem. I have not had anything greasey like pizza or fast food, so I can't tell yet.

how about you? What works and doesn't work? I think you had surgery well before me, so maybe you have tried more. I am a little hesitant to eat just everything yet.

Hope you are resting well!
pbjmom

Old 08-22-2006, 02:54 PM   #15
(female)

crampster HB User

The appt was ok... doc says check back in 6 months to make sure I don't have a hernia .... okay so I'm thinking positive ... I just didn't do something to dumb to believe .... and I WONT need to have another surgery in 6 months to fix a hernia because I picked up too much weight.

Doin much better now.. but really havin hard time gettin back into a routine because I can't get comfortable at night. Tummy still tender from where the "pop" in the stitch was... feels a little like a burn. Much better though... how you guys holding up. Gigi D must be busy... havent heard much....

Doing the food eliminating thing too... so far I found that I can eat 2 very very small slices of pizza... yea for me... my favorite food. I am surviving on pumpernickle bread, roast beef and provolone.... for some reason this combination does not bother my digestion at all. I am finding that whatever I eat it has to be in small amounts. Still dropping a little weight... maybe a pound or two a week. I'm not sad about that. Told my daughter to watch out... I will be borrowing her clothes... she just laughs.
Going to be starting on the vitamin E oil soon to try and minimize scars.
Eating out is not much fun any more... I seem to not be able to get away from the diahrrea... any of you guys havin a problem with that?
crampster (3 weeks post op gallbladder).

Closed Thread