It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2006, 05:32 AM   #1
(female)

ncyky HB User
Unhappy I was told GALLSTONES! NOT!!!!

Hello Everyone! I need your opinions. I went to my GastroEnterologist who told me that she was almost 100% positive that I had gallstones and I went to get an ultrasound this past Monday and found out that I do not have gallstones and that my gall bladder is in great condition and that my liver and pancreas is also fine.

I haven't spoken with the doctor as of yet, but I wonder what is really wrong with me. I have all of the symptoms of gall stones...upper back pain between the shoulder blades, pain on my right upper side, nauseaous and lots of bad stomach cramping when I eat the wrong kind of foods. The pain the I'm experiencing in my upper back only happens in the middle of the night. I wake up feeling like a pill got stuck in my esophagus but the pain is in my back not my chest. Almost like really bad heartburn but 20 times worst and the only way to get relief is to drink lots of water and take 3 tums. What could this be??

Thanks!

Last edited by ncyky; 08-17-2006 at 05:33 AM.

Old 08-17-2006, 07:09 AM   #2
(female)

pbjmom HB User
Re: I was told GALLSTONES! NOT!!!!

Actually, it could be the gallbladder not functioning properly. Has your GI doc suggested a HIDA scan? That test detects the actual ejection rate of the gb. If you have low ejection rate, then you will have those problems. You may also have acid reflux.

Go back to your GI and ask about the Hida Scan at least.

pbjmom

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-17-2006, 08:54 AM   #3
(female)

crampster HB User

ncyky,
I agree with Pbjmom,
I had 2 hidascans, an ultrasound and a ct scan.... all said normal. However I had pain which was consistently the same in a couple of places RUQ under ribcage, same spot but in the back and sometimes traveling up to the right shoulder. Sometimes I had what felt like a pinching pain in the right side.... very similar to stitches after running a lot.

They decided to remove my gallbladder and I feel much better pathology report came back and it was very inflammed.... well I would right now if I hadn't been silly yesterday and done too much. Get them to at least do a hida scan which will indicate if the gallbaldder is operating correctly. My gallbladder was operating at 67%... I was told by my GI 35% and less is not considered normal. Gallbladder problems can go on for years... at least mine did... I suffered off and on since 2002.. this last year has been pure hell. I kept having pain and flu symptoms from naseau so regularly I was missing work.
Good luck!!!
crampster

Old 08-17-2006, 09:57 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

And I will also recommend the HIDA scan. It very well could be low functioning and causing all the problems.

Old 08-18-2006, 04:40 PM   #5
(female)

Nal HB User

definately do the hida scan. I did and it was abnormal and I am having my gallbladder out next week.

Nancy

Closed Thread