It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2006, 07:08 AM   #1
Veteran
(male)

efang HB Userefang HB User
get some advices for my stomach pain

I have stomach pain for years and often I feel pain or sore when my stomach is empty, Sometimes if I eat something I will feel a little bit comfortable but sometime not. Many Doctors I saw believe I have the ulcer because my pain is usually timed. I did about 7 times endoscopies in past 15 years and no any ulcer was found. I also used some anti-acid medicines but they didn’t give to me any help. Besides, I also had a x-ray exam about 10 years ago which showed my stomach transit time is faster than normal people and my stomach position is lower than normal ( I am pretty tall and thin)
Now I like to know if I can do some other exams except endoscopy in order to find out what is the reason caused my pain. I wonder if it is acid or Bile reflux I will really appreciate you if anyone can give to me some advices .
Thanks!

Last edited by efang; 12-04-2006 at 12:49 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-19-2006, 05:16 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Re: get some advices for my stomach pain

I need to add one point about my stomach. If I eat a lot of fat meat at lunch
or dinner. Sometimes my pain's schedule will disappear. but the problem is
that I can't eat a lot of this kind of food because my cholesterol is little bit higher than normal.

Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-20-2006, 12:11 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User

It certainly sounds like ulcer symptoms.

You may have a high H. pylori count that has not produced an ulcer yet. You can get a blood test or a breath test to detect H.pylori.

I suggest that you take a water soluble fiber supplement -- it will slow your stomah transit time down and eat yogurt and drink some kefir to help coat the stomach and intestines w/ a bland food w/ plenty of active cultures.

Haveyou tried cutting wheat or dairy products w/lactose out of your diet?? These are very Common foods that cause alot of problems to some people.

I wish you well~~~Harry

Old 08-21-2006, 01:38 PM   #4
Veteran
(male)

Harry,
I will accept your suggestion and eat some food to see what happen. The problem is I am an Asian. The rice is my main food and rice can't stay the stomach too long. I need to change but it is pretty difficult. I will do my best
to change.
Thanks!

Efang

Old 12-04-2006, 12:45 PM   #5
Veteran
(male)

Does anyone know itís English name?

I will see my gastroenterology doctor tomorrow. I think he will ask me do endoscope first . But I prefer to do other exam instead of endoscope. I remember there is a x-ray exam, Patient will swollen a cup of Barium solution. I donít know this examís English name Because I did it in China several years ago. This exam can see the whole Stomachís working status but canít exactly check stomachĎs surface like endoscope. I donít know it is still available in United States and doctor still think it is a valuable exam because most doctors just like endoscope. Does anyone know itís English name?

Thanks!

Last edited by efang; 12-04-2006 at 01:45 PM.

Closed Thread