It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2006, 03:04 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

MAD MAZ HB User
H_Pylori or Coeliac?????

Well I had a Endoscopy on thursday, and the doctor said that my small bowel and my duodenum has inflammation, he took two biopsy and said that he is looking to see if its H-Pylori or coeliac, I have had a blood test and stool test for the bug, both normal. I have all the symptoms of coeliac, How well would the doctor know by me having the Endoscopy could he know by just looking, And do a biopsy to comfrim???
could he see if I had anybad things going on you know the big C!!!!

Old 08-20-2006, 06:25 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

diamond79 HB User
Re: H_Pylori or Coeliac?????

The dr. can tell through an endoscopy and biopsy by flattening of the villi (little hair-like structures) in the small intestine. The flattening means that damage has been done--which can be repaired by going on a gluten-free diet. Some dr.s can tell just by looking through the endoscopy but the best way would be to take a biopsy. I don't know alot about celiac disease, but my dr. suspected I may have it because of my symptoms--although he never did bother to test me for it. He did explain a little about it though. There are tons of websites on Celiac (or Coeliac) disease on the internet.

Glad to hear your endoscopy went well and keep us posted on the results...I am curious to know!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-20-2006, 11:28 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sharon76 HB User

It sounds more like inflammatory bowel disease to me.

This is different to IBS.

Did the doctor test your blood for EM or tTG antibodies??? This helps to diagnose coeliacs disease.

Old 08-22-2006, 03:07 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

MAD MAZ HB User

Thanks for your replys, would having inflammation of my small bowel and the duodenum cause you to have Gastritis , also I feel tired all the time and weak??? and I am looking pale !!!

Last edited by MAD MAZ; 08-22-2006 at 03:07 AM.

Old 08-26-2006, 01:57 AM   #5
(female)

KatieS HB User

I am 22 years old and I have both celiac and gastritis. If you are on a gluten and wheat free diet celiac disease will not show up in a biopsy, endoscopy or blood test even if you have it. To get diagnosis for it you need to be on a gluten and wheat including diet for at least two weeks before teh procedure. Hope that helps.

Closed Thread