It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2006, 05:27 PM   #1
(female)

donnaC HB User
Doc Found ulcer...

I just got out of a 4-day hospital stay after having to be rushed to the ER last Sunday night. I had been feeling really rundown, everytime I tried to walk or sit up, I got really dizzy and nauseated and was having these burning pains in my stomach (of which I do have a history off/on several years and assumed I had an ulcer but never diagnosed). My stools were black & tarry and then one night I started throwing up blood. It was just awful. By the time I got to the hospital, my bp was so low, they had to do blood transfusions.

I was admitted into hospital and next morning, had endoscope done where the doctor told me I had an ulcer. Now that I'm out of the hospital, I am terrified I am going to have a repeat episode. Doc says I should be healed in a couple weeks. Is this true? He didn't put me on a specific diet or anything-just iron supplements & Prilosec (which by the way doesn't seem to help w/the burning feeling).

Is there anything I should be doing? Will my ulcer really heal and go away? Or will it just lie dormant until it is ready to erupt again. I know I sound silly, but I really don't want to go through what I went through again if I can do something to prevent it.

Thanks for your help, donna

Closed Thread