It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2006, 07:12 PM   #1
(female)

jtv HB User
HIDA Scan help...

I had a hida scan done today and they were not able to do the second injection, due to the fact the gallbladder didn't empty into the sm. intestine. Does this sound normal??? any guesses what this may mean??? Is the gallbladder bad?

I have had severe pain for almost 2 weeks, went to the ER where they did an ultrasound, that was normal. Had an endoscopy done, no ulcers and then today was the HIDA scan and this is what happened.

I just want them to find out what is wrong, hopefully they can and soon.

Thanks in Advance
Jen

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-21-2006, 09:34 PM   #2
(female)

jtv HB User
Re: HIDA Scan help...

no one...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-22-2006, 04:30 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Sounds like an ejection rate problem. I would imagine they'll take it out.

Old 08-22-2006, 07:21 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

diamond79 HB User

Sounds to me like something was blocking the "dye" from leaving the gallbladder--probably a stone. In that case they don't do the second part because the "contractions" could push the stone further causing more problems. Your GB will probably have to be removed to prevent inflammation and infection.

Old 08-22-2006, 08:40 AM   #5
(female)

jtv HB User

thanks for the info, you don't think it could of been something wrong w/ the way tech did it or something?

thanks again
jen

Old 08-22-2006, 09:21 AM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Not usually. This is a common occurence if a stone is lodged or if the gb just can't function.

Closed Thread