It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2006, 03:09 PM   #1
(female)

mommy2brandon24 HB User
acid reflux,stomache ulcer,and gallstones.

hi im new to this site ive been having stomache problems for 2 years now just recently started to go to the doctors in july. my symptoms are diarehha,nausea,bad pain in my lower back,bad pain in my stomache, pain where my ribs are, heartburn so bad that i feel like im having a heart attack,breathing problems mainly at night,soar throat all the time i know im a mess. all this started after i had my son so still not sure if my pregnancy had anything to do with this. so finally i went to the doctors and found out i have stomache ulcers,acid reflux and gall stones. they have me on protonix for acid reflux im going to have surgery to have my gallbladder removed sept 5 and still waiting on the doctor about my stomache ulcer just had a egd yesterday so there still going through my xrays and gonna call me about that. i really just need someone to talk to thats going through the same thing or knows someone going through the same thing. all this is so confusing im only 24 and im a mess. sorry if to long. thanks for reading this.

Old 08-23-2006, 08:15 AM   #2
(female)

eyehurt HB User
Re: acid reflux,stomache ulcer,and gallstones.

hi-
i'm sorry you're going through so much pain at such a young age; I have all the same stuff you have minus the gallstones. acid reflux, sore throat that won't go away, scratchy and raw feeling, and i'm sure i have a stomach ulcer. haven't had it checked becuz no insurance right now. but the burning and nausea kept me up half the night. it's miserable. i'm much older than you though but do remember having some gastro problem after having my son years ago. i wonder about hormones playing a part.

anyway, i'm curious what the doctor will do about your ulcer. probably meds.
I'm sure you know this, but you have to eat very carefully. no soda, no alcohol (that's the worst), and probably nothing spicey. i eat a lot of dairy cuz that's what my body seems to crave and i have an appetite for.

i hope you can find some relief from all this soon and good luck with your GB surgery. I hope that helps some of the symptoms. take care now.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-23-2006, 03:26 PM   #3
(female)

mommy2brandon24 HB User
Re: acid reflux,stomache ulcer,and gallstones.

thank you yeah im still waiting for the nurse or the surgeon to call me back about my ulcer they just want to make sure they dont find anything else before they give me medications. this is so hard to go through because i love my pepsi and greasy foods and they want me to stop and its soooo hard. i guess one good thing i like fruits, milk, and some vegitables but even when i eat them i still feel sick and i cant stop eating. i hope everything goes good for you to. isnt there any way you can get medicaid i dont know your situation but if your low income i thought they cant deny anybody. if you end up getting innsurance ask your doctor about protonix its for acid reflux my mom has acid reflux worse than me she felt like her throat was closing all the time every day she thought she was dying her doctor put her on protonix and she feels 100 percent better it took her 3 months to get better. they just put me on protonix so i guess ill see if that works for me to.

Closed Thread