It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2006, 07:21 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

backslide05 HB User
active manuka honey

anyone heard of manuka honey from new zealand? supposed to be a natural cure for ulcers, reflux and lots of other things.

I love honey and am going to order some and try it but just thought I'd ask if anyone heard of it or had tried it before.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2006, 07:11 AM   #2
(female)

nanci2539 HB User
Re: active manuka honey

I just ordered it. I heard the same thing and will let you know the results. I've been drinking raw apple cider vinegar (1 tsp in water) and taking matica gum and a digestive enzyme.

I am starting to feel great for the first time in a long time. I have chronic gastritis.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2006, 12:19 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

backslide05 HB User

that's great to hear
i've been reading your posts and feel for you.
i'm going to look for the mastica gum. i either have an ulcer or gastritis, the burning is almost constant and unrelenting, for the last month especially.
I hope you find relief finally!
and I pray I do too.

Old 08-25-2006, 02:01 PM   #4
(female)

nanci2539 HB User

I followed Harry's protocol (another poster). He suggested mastic gum, a digestive enzyme with meals and magneisum. So, it's been just over a week with the regimen. I started taking the vinegar three days ago.

Initially, I felt no improvement. And it was discouraging because I had run out of things to try. Something made me stay with it. So, I don't know if it's the gum/magnesium/enzyme or it's the vinegar (or a combination of both) but for the past few days, I've had no burning at all.

I feel for you because I've been dealing with this for ten years now. A good day is slight burning all day. A horrible day has me holding my stomach!

Try these different remedies. I never felt I would feel normal again. It's worth a try. If you buy the raw vinegar, I suggest Bragg.

Old 08-30-2006, 01:35 PM   #5
(female)

belswains HB User

Hi everyone (a newbie)

This is my first post - Manuka Honey Active 15+ .... This is really good ...I have never used to like honey at all - but read about it and now have some nearly every day - great with live active yoghurt (as I don't much like the plain yoghurt taste) ..I have acid reflux/hiatus hernia..
ALSO I had an ulcer in my mouth . put some Manuka honey on it twice - ulcer cleared up..fantastic.

It is good for healing on skin as well...

I think it must be ACTIVE I am now sure if it goes higher that 15+ - I get it from my Health shop...very expensive ..but worth it in my humble opinion

take care

belswains

Old 08-30-2006, 06:57 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

backslide05 HB User

hi all,
just wanted to say that I ordered some active (16+) manuka honey online and I got it a few days ago and have been having some daily, in my yogurt and dipping pretzels in it! I love the taste. It's very thick, so you have to use a spoon. I have to say my stomach burning has gotten better!!
I still have acid reflux and hoarseness in my throat, but my stomach feels better so am very happy about that. I suggest anyone with ulcer problems or burning stomach issues to try it. It's not cheap but worth it if it helps, so just thought I'd share my results.

Closed Thread