It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2006, 02:25 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

jennyVee HB UserjennyVee HB User
Exclamation DARK STOOL & Worried can it be Snapple tea?

[B][SIZE="4"]Hi guys i am a bit worried my stool is dark almost black and i am not sure why, my husband says it could be that i drink too many lemon snapple drinks but I am not sure that can be whats causing it, I mean i have acid reflux and i take 2 nexiums a day but I am not sure if that can be causing it I never really noticed such dark/black stool, i am not sure the snapples teas can be causing this but i am getting a bit scared. by the way i noticed that i also have hemmroids for 2 days now.[/SIZE][/B]

Last edited by jennyVee; 08-26-2006 at 02:27 PM.

Old 08-26-2006, 02:38 PM   #2
(female)

danilee HB User
Re: DARK STOOL & Worried can it be Snapple tea?

did u recentlt start taking iron? that will cause both! or a new vitamin

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-26-2006, 02:48 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi danilee, and No I dont take any vitamins at all, i will stop the snapples for one day just to test and see if thats whats causing this mess, the only new med i have been on is TC cytomel for my thyroid but i doubt that could cause this, since snapple is made of tea i wonder if that could be since its a dark color but not black

Old 08-26-2006, 04:55 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

diamond79 HB User

I am having the same thing but I am eating too many oreo cookies...I wonder if that is causing it? I am also on Nexium...I started them just over a week ago.

Old 08-29-2006, 11:01 PM   #5
(female)

Kimberley~ HB User

from what i understood from the dr when i had black stools there were a sign of something wrong in the upper GI tract. Bleeding of some sort. I got black stools after a gallstone had blocked off the bile duct and it took me 3 days of immense pain to check into the ER. i had a bowel movement while i was in there and it was black like tar. I freaked out and went to the nurse right away and said what the heck is that all about. and they said i was bleeding somewhere in the upper GI tract.

not alwaysthe case i suppose but something i would highly recommend seeking a dr's advice on

Old 08-30-2006, 06:40 PM   #6

happi58 HB User

yes normally when dark stools are present..There is an indication of internal bleeding in the G.I track or perhaps one is intaking too much iron..Id consult your Dr on this matter..

Old 09-05-2006, 03:33 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Exclamation Re: DARK STOOL & Worried can it be Snapple tea?

Hi guys.. I finally am sure it was the Snapple tea, after 5 days of not drinking any snapple Today i finally have normal stools,
i was confused as to whether i had any internal bleeding in my stomach because i had NO pain, and NO actual blood in my stool. i was going to my gastro doc this week if this didnt stop so i am glad it did,Thanks god.

I cant believe snapple tea can stay in your system for sooo long thats why I was afraid because the poop was so dark anyway my mom says not to drink snapple anymore she says it can mess up my colon since it stays in the system for so long?

I love snapples and hate giving up on them

Last edited by jennyVee; 09-05-2006 at 03:35 PM.

Old 09-12-2006, 10:24 AM   #8
(female)

Proverbs3:5 HB User

well, now we know a Snapple a day won't keep the doctor away!!

One other benefit of giving it up is that you won't be drinking 10 teaspoons of sugar a day, or more if you have more than one bottle. If it's the sugar-free kind then even better because you won't be putting poison in your body anymore.

It was of interest to me to read this because I recently started drinking black tea instead of coffee and I didn't know that it can cause problems with the colon, which I am having a little trouble with. Maybe I will just drink herbal tea or at least just green tea.

Old 09-12-2006, 05:33 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi and Yes Mom tells me the same thing she says i shouldnt drink so much snapple lemon tea.. and also she says dark stools are bad for the colon? I am not sure if its true or not, but i cant belive how long the dark stool remained even after stopping the tea for 5 days, i am not drinking 2 snapple peach drinks a day, I know sugar is bad but sometimes when i have no enery these teas do help me get a little pep,
here is my slogan"

"one snapple a day will give you dark stools for days" haha

Old 09-12-2006, 05:33 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi and Yes Mom tells me the same thing she says i shouldnt drink so much snapple lemon tea.. and also she says dark stools are bad for the colon? I am not sure if its true or not, but i cant belive how long the dark stool remained even after stopping the tea for 5 days, i am not drinking 2 snapple peach drinks a day, I know sugar is bad but sometimes when i have no enery these teas do help me get a little pep,
here is my slogan"

Old 09-12-2006, 05:36 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

here is my slogan

Old 09-12-2006, 05:38 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

oh my my pc froze and I kept clicking submit and the messages were sent 3 times sorr about that guys lol

Closed Thread