It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2006, 01:04 AM   #1
(female)

Debbie54 HB User
Burping, no appetite, nausea, very tired

Hi, I'm writing for my Mom who is having some real crumby problems with her stomach.
Last year she was diagnosed with a hiatal hernia and had it operated on the beginning of this year. The initial symptoms were nausea, burping, only feeling better is she vomited. So they fixed the hernia, and she was doing good for a couple of months after that. Then all the symptoms started up again. Burping being the worst problem and now she's not eating except having one of those supplement drinks for breakfast and lunch, and then hardly eating anything for dinner. She likes fudgesicles, but can't eat plums or anything with a skin on them because it doesn't feel like it goes down her throat. In the last couple of months she's had the esphogeus stretched twice because she felt like food wouldn't go down her throat and she would have to get up and walk around and then she would burp and then it would go down.
She has no appetite so she doesn't eat and she's losing weight like crazy. She's gone and had every test imaginable for this and they never find anything wrong. She doesn't really have any pain anywhere, it's just the burping, nausea, VERY tired, lack of sleep, and no appetite. The doctor's just can't find a thing.
Does anyone else have this problem and if so, what did yo do for it.
It's really starting to worry me, well not starting too...I've been worried for months now...so any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-13-2006, 06:38 AM   #2
(female)

Earlene HB User
Re: Burping, no appetite, nausea, very tired

How is your Mom doing? Did she have the fundo surgery for her surgery.
Hope she is better.

Old 09-14-2006, 04:38 AM   #3
(female)

crampster HB User

Gallbladder can cause gas and nausea... there is usually a slight pinch on the right side... but who knows. I have heard of people with no pain having gallbladder burst. No trying to scare you... perhaps she should see a good GI doc and see if it might be gallbladder.
crampster

Old 09-14-2006, 08:23 AM   #4
(female)

Earlene HB User

Sorry, meant to ask if the surgery for hiatal hernia was performed. Her symptoms sound like a friend of mine who had the surgery and was fine for a while and now her symptoms have returned. In fact, she is to see an ENT today and her surgeon next week. She is having the same symptoms at present as your mother.

Closed Thread