It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2006, 07:11 PM   #1
(male)

Josh_B HB User
2 dif Docs, 2 Endoscopies & 2 Colonscopies later...Nobody knows..Am I doomed 4ever?!?

I am almost at my wits end with this, like seriously almost to the point of being suicidal about it..........

I am 23 yrs old, and I feel like a peice of crap every single day. I have a 2 yr old son whom I can't even enjoy our time together because I feel so terrible everyday. I was an athelete in training, from which I can no longer train because of how I feel. I dont go anywhere or do anything after work because of this.....

So, enough about how this ruining my life. These are my symtoms...

-EXTREME gas problems, wake up every morning with painfull gas, passing gas ALL DAY LONG, extreme gas bloating after every meal
-Constipation issues, cannot have a good bowel movement without help either fiber or some form of juice (apple or grape juice does the trick)
-Lethargic as heck. Never have energy, muscle fatigue is INSANE now
-EXTREME bloating. I have very little body fat, but my abdomen looks that of some old man who's drank beer his whole life. Stomach is always bloated, always having to loosen my pants when I sit down

These are the main things happening to me. I dont get nausicious like some people do, just mainly the symptoms listed above. I've had two surgeries this year, one being to remove my gall bladder and the other to remove scar tissue from the gall bladder surgery. I have had 2 Endo/Colonoscopies since then, after surgery because my problems are worse than ever. Doc's cannot give me an answer, one doc even told me "I dont think we are gonna be able to help you".

I've even tried homeopathic methods. None of them worked either, or I just wasnt given the right stuff...

What in the hell does a guy gotta do to get some help around here?!?! Do I have to live like this the rest of my life? I am only 23 yrs old, I couldn't imagine having any sanity left after living with this problem any longer much less 30-40 yrs.

If anybody has any input that may help me please do. Any healing herbs for the digestive tracks, i'm open to suggestions. Acupunture, ANYTHING like that. I'm open to hear somebody's story and how it worked....

Thanks for reading....

-josh

Last edited by moderator4; 08-30-2006 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Duplicating Threads or posts on more than 1 board is not allowed.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-30-2006, 08:30 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

backslide05 HB User
Re: 2 dif Docs, 2 Endoscopies & 2 Colonscopies later...Nobody knows..Am I doomed 4ever?!?

josh,
Just read your post and I do feel for you. Having had digestive problems my whole life --had colic as a baby and am now middle aged so I've lived a long time with off and on stomach and digestive issues.

First of all, don't get despondent and don't give up! I know it's easier said than done but there are things that can help. I'm still experimenting and discovering things that are helping me and sometimes it takes a while before you notice a change.
I would suggest doing some reading, and internet exploring and visiting your health food store (hopefully you have one where you live).
Pay strict attention to your diet. Without a gallbladder you have to be especially careful. No fatty food or greasy stuff. Try to eat healthy and yogurt is great for you, plain with a little honey.
Here's what I have tried that has helped me. (I have bloating, gas, acid reflux, and burning stomach--ulcer I suspect).
1. Active manuka honey (online or health food store).
2. Powdered greens, and or liquid chlorophyl (put in water or juice).
3. Bragg raw apple cidar vinegar (put 2 T in water and drink daily).
4. Ginger, in any form, hopefully you like it.
5. digestive enzymes, make sure no alcohol in it.
6. Yogurt (plain) and cheeses but limit milk and ice cream.
7. Eat small meals, and limit your carbs especially beans and pasta.
8. Drink a lot of water.
9. Exercise even if you don't feel like it. It helps digestion and will lift your spirits.

2 surgeries in one year is hard on your body and it may take a year or longer before you recover fully but you have youth on your side.
I hope this helps you and that you start to feel better soon.

Old 08-31-2006, 06:13 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

auntjudyg HB User
Re: 2 dif Docs, 2 Endoscopies & 2 Colonscopies later...Nobody knows..Am I doomed 4ever?!?

Have you pinned it down to any particular foods? Or have you tried any kind of elimination diet? (One of the first things you might try eliminating (for a couple of weeks) is wheat.) Some of the information in Elaine Gottschall's Breaking the Vicious Cycle might be helpful - she suggests a rather extreme regime, but some of the information might give you ideas without implementing it fully. Some people find relief from GI track issues my practicing "food combining" which can be searched.

Old 09-01-2006, 07:36 PM   #4
(female)

sickandsad83 HB User

hi, Just my opinion but it sounds like it could be ibs or maybe celiac disease, you can have your blood tested for celiac but an actually biosipy i believe is actually more acturate, from the symptoms you mention. You didnt mention or not if you had mucus in your stool but that is also a symptom of ibs. Im really not sure of anythin else. You didnt say if you had a small bowel follow thru or not but maybe that may show somethin so you could try that also and see if they find somethin. hope you can read this my keyboard inst workin. Take care

Old 09-02-2006, 05:44 PM   #5
(male)

Josh_B HB User
Re: 2 dif Docs, 2 Endoscopies & 2 Colonscopies later...Nobody knows..Am I doomed 4eve

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickandsad83
hi, Just my opinion but it sounds like it could be ibs or maybe celiac disease, you can have your blood tested for celiac but an actually biosipy i believe is actually more acturate, from the symptoms you mention. You didnt mention or not if you had mucus in your stool but that is also a symptom of ibs. Im really not sure of anythin else. You didnt say if you had a small bowel follow thru or not but maybe that may show somethin so you could try that also and see if they find somethin. hope you can read this my keyboard inst workin. Take care
I do have mucus in my stool but do not have celiac disease I have been tested for that

Closed Thread