It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2006, 07:34 PM   #1
(female)

Leahlove HB User
Same pain, same place for 1 year

Hello. I'm brand new here. I've been researching my stomach pain for about 6 months to end up with no answers. I'm so confused and really need some advice.

So, I'm a 28 year old female who went to Loreto, Mexico about a year ago. When I arrived I had a bladder infection so I went to the Pharmacy and got amoxicilian (in Mexico you don't need a prescription). So everyone else got sick with diarreha and stomach flu bascially from using the ice. In Mexico they have bacteria in the water that we aren't used to-therefore we get sick. I was the only one who did not get sick. I assume it's because I was on the anti-biotics.? So I get back to America and about a week later I have severe stomach pain about an inch and a half above my belly button. I go to the ER. They give me an X-ray and blood test and say "you have a stomach virus and your intestines are swollen, there's nothing we can do about it, it's a virus, it'll go away." So I went home confused.

Here we are today about a year later and I still have the exact pain in the exact spot with NO answers. It isn't a gnawing pain it's just pain and swelling that is almost always there. I've had severe constipation with this also. I feel as if my stomach is full of feces. I have to use fleet sometimes.

It's driving me crazy and I don't know what to do. I don't have insurance (rencently laid off) but I'm tempted to go to the ER and demand an endoscopy so they can look right inside me.

Help me please!

Thanks,
Leahlove

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-05-2006, 09:36 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Re: Same pain, same place for 1 year

It sounds like your friendly intestinal bacteria is out of balance??
Several things I would try to get the friendly flora back in balance.
Eat a good brand of yogurt every 2 to 3 hours --several good brands are Stonyfield Farm and Cascade-- the principle is to flood your intestines with the good bacteria.
Also -- take a probiotic supplement that contains mutiple culture strains -- several times daily. And, drink 4 ounces of Kefir daily-- it is loaded w/ friendly bacteria.

I wish you well~~~Harry

Old 09-12-2006, 12:06 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

lala-whatsnext HB User
Re: Same pain, same place for 1 year

see a gastroentroen......doc.......lol I can't spell it.

Closed Thread