It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2006, 08:19 PM   #1
(female)

DSP01 HB User
Mutiple Food Intolerances - help!!

Over the past few years I have been suffering from multiple food intolerances. This has become much worse over the past 18 months or so and now I can only eat 15 different foods.

After being passed around from doctor to doctor, I am now seeing an immunologist who thinks my intolerances are due to hormone imbalances.

I have been applying a progesterone cream to my skin in the hope that this "natural" progesterone will eventually balance out my system and I will be able to normal.

Does anyone have any similar experiences or suggestions?"

Old 09-10-2006, 02:02 AM   #2
(female)

chulie HB User
Re: Mutiple Food Intolerances - help!!

You know what's crazy as a child i remember eating fruits and nuts fine with no problem. Now as an adult fruits give me heart burn, itchy throat and i swell a bit.
Nuts close up my throat completely, my ear start to ring and my eyes burn.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-11-2006, 05:18 PM   #3
(female)

DSP01 HB User

That sounds more like a classic allergic reaction. My symptoms are nausea, headache that just won't quit, stiff neck and eventually vomiting. This can go on for 7-8 days. Just an intolerance to food rather than a clear allergy.

Old 09-12-2006, 04:18 AM   #4
(female)

Kathp HB User

I totally sympathise with you on this. I am a diagnosed Coeliac, but in the past two years, I have also developed a dairy/lactose intolerance and a wheat allergy (which causes anaphylaxis if consumed). I too have been through multiple doctors and an immunology professor. Nobody has any real answers for me. The allergy is more than likely due to my strict gluten free diet, which has meant that when I accidently consume a minute amount of wheat (through cross contamination), my body is over-reacting to this 'threat'.

As for the intolerances, I just don't know.. what I have been told is that food intolerances often come in multiples. Too be honest, I don't really have any sound advice to offer, except to keep on pushing for tests. If there is a cause for your misery, you need to find it. Just know that you are not alone and you can still enjoy food, even on a terribly strict and limited diet (like mine). Has your doctor referred you to a dietician? This could help with regards to meal planning and ensure you are still getting enough nourishment from the foods you can eat. I really hope you find some answers and keep us posted on your progress.

Old 09-12-2006, 03:49 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

thegardener HB User

You might have leaky gut syndrome deleted .

If you want to read my daughter's story, advance search my user name, thegardener, and read my allergy posts. I will check here to see if you have any more questions.

Last edited by Administrator; 09-27-2006 at 03:45 PM. Reason: Make sure to read and follow the rules: do not give internet search directions

Old 09-25-2006, 09:27 PM   #6
(female)

DSP01 HB User
Smile Re: Mutiple Food Intolerances - help!!

Thankyou for your input everyone. It does help to know I am not the only one in the entire world having this problem. I will keep posting for more info.

Old 09-26-2006, 03:24 AM   #7
Inactive
(female)

ICC HB UserICC HB UserICC HB User

my daughters call me "bubble child" because i am allergic to everything. inside, outside, foods. my food problems started as a chile. are different now. used to be tomatoes and fruit would make my tongue itch adn i would break out in hives. now it's yeast, soy, shellfish and so many others to mention. ENT told me i would either have an asthma attack or gasto distress if i eat them. it seems i ususally suffer gastor distress for a few days if i eat anyting i shouldn't. it's tough to figure out. alot of eliminations.

Closed Thread