It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2006, 04:51 AM   #1
(female)

rossflooring HB User
Re: Sphincter of Oddi dysfunction discussion

Hi guys i had an ercp done a couple of months ago i did not get pancreatitis but i still seem to have pain, my pain is on my left side under my rib cage so it is not always under your right side and it goes through to my back, it took them 2 yrs to figure out what i had SOD as i did not have typical signs of SOD. Just thought i would let you know Make sure you keep hounding the doctor for answers.

regards
rossflooring

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-07-2006, 04:33 PM   #2
(female)

artstarr24 HB User

Hi all,
I am new to these forums, so bear with me. I started having bouts of severe upper abdominal pain and vomiting within a month after my lap cholescystectomy. It has been two years, and most of my visits to the ER have resulted in normal test results, although sometimes my amylase and lipase were seriously elevated. I had an ercp a year ago with a sphingterotomy, and had ercp-induced pancreatitis so severe I was in the hospital for a month. I have had continuing pain ever since. I was just diagnosed with SOD, and started taking procardia. I was wondering if anyone has had any success taking procardia, and what other things I might try. The pain is constant with frequent "attacks" and vomiting. I already eat an incredibly low-fat diet. I can't even exercise or live my life at all anymore! Please, any help or advice you can offer would be so greatly appreciated. It was very encouraging to find this forum, as I have felt like I was the only person in the world with this problem. Thanks for the help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-16-2006, 07:06 AM   #3
(female)

Beth-E HB User

Please i need your help!

The doctors have suggested that i might have SOD but they have only said that once to me. I have the pain on the LEFT side too!!!!!! Please i really need to talk to someone who has this! I have been suffering for 2 years now. I had no idea that this could happen and have symptoms on the left side and sadly i dont think that my doctors know too!

Please Help Me!!!!!

Closed Thread