It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2006, 06:37 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Hamilton92 HB UserHamilton92 HB User
Please help. Do I Need To Go To The ER?

I am extremely worried about my stomach.
I came home from work today feeling very weird, almost ghostly feeling.
Well I was standing in the kitchen getting ready to cook dinner and I got this tightness that came across me in my upper back across my shoulder blades all the way across my whole upper back, then my heart started pounding and I felt really weak. I was so scared. Its better now but for a minute there I got really scared.
I have bad bad stomach problems that are undiagnosed for 2 years now.
I always have this constant burning feeling in the middle of my stomach right around my belly button area and right above it.
It is always worse during my menstrual cycle.
My stomach feels so raw and gritty inside and like I said its worse during that time of the month.
I am always bloated feeling and sometimes I can't even drink anything because I bloat up like a balloon and it is very uncomfortable and scary.

Well I have had and endoscopy, colonoscopy, hida scan and ultrasound.
The doc said my gallbladder was filling up too slowly from the results of my hida scan and that I have mild gastritis but thats all he's found or diagnosed me with.
He has me on Prevacid once a day to help with the burning, heartburn but it doesn't help so I don't take it.
I wake up every morning my whole stomach feeling raw. During the day sometimes its worse that others but around my throat and my neck gets really tight and it feels like I constantly have lumps in my throat.
My husband was rubbing my stomach and the worst most uncomfortable spot in my stomach just to the right of my belly button he said my stomach felt tighter than normal there like there was something there.
He rubbed around on the area and its almost like I though I could feel something there too.
Please someone help me, give me some advice on what I can do.
I can't go back to the doctor right now because I've lost insurance from being laid off my job and won't have insurance at my new job until November 1.
Do I need to go to the ER about the tightness in my shoulder blades and upper back and then my heart started pounding. I felt my pulse and it was really strong and forceful and I felt weak.
I do feel better now but I am scared.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2006, 07:35 PM   #2
(female)

danilee HB User
Re: Please help. Do I Need To Go To The ER?

Hi, I am sorry you are feeling so bad.

I think it's your Gallbladder. Gallstones, and infections, and inflamation can cause a array of symptoms.

If you feel like you should go to the ER, then GO!
Gallbladders CAN rupture. If you develop a fever or severe pain, go to the Emergency Room.
Stomach problems are serious.
Good luck, and please let us know.
Hope you feel better soon
Dani

Old 09-09-2006, 05:15 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Hamilton92 HB UserHamilton92 HB User

I didn't go to the er. I went to the bathroom and it felt like I was constipated because it was very hard for me to use the bathroom.
This morning I woke up, stomach still feeling raw and gritty inside and then I went to the bathroom and had diarreah.
Could all of my symptoms be from a gallbladder attack from the tightness radiating from my severely bloated stomach to feeling it all the way up in my shoulder blades and upper back, general weak feeling all over.
When I swallow it also feels like just the right side of my throat is clogged and food feels like it gets stuck only on the right side of my throat.

Old 09-10-2006, 12:00 PM   #4
(male)

Given2Fly HB User

While it may not be the answer you want, here's my rule of thumb. If you feel like you might need to go to the hospital, you should probably go to the hospital. Pains across your body, especially the sides, chest and back can be syptoms of serious things. Better safe than sorry.

Closed Thread