It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2006, 04:29 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sharon76 HB User
Angela22f

Hi Angela

How are you feeling?

xx

Old 09-11-2006, 06:17 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Angela22F HB User
Re: Angela22f

Hey Sharon...

I'm about the same as always

I've given up going to my GP, I'm just waiting now for the Gastro Appt... which isn't until Nov 21 Then she will schedule the colonoscopy and endoscopy and do biopsies.

I'm eatting very little. Mostly on a liquid diet. The pain is horrible, but now it seems normal to me... been so long since this started.

I posted on your other threads hoping you are feeling better.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-12-2006, 03:45 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sharon76 HB User

I'm sorry to hear you are still having alot of problems.

I was hoping it would be sorted now and you could live your life to the full again

I understand completely where you are coming from, you already know that anyway, and i wish you find out soon or at least get some comfort from the pain you are in

Old 11-15-2006, 08:38 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Angela22F HB User

Hi Sharon...

Been awhile since I've checked in here. Trying to get myself sorted, but I'm failing miserably.

I saw the New gastro last week, she bumped up my appt, and all she did was give me a prescription for Modulon. She won't do a colonoscopy or a endoscopy... says I'm too young still, blah blah blah, same old story.

I don't know where to turn or what to do now. I'm not filling another prescription for useless drugs, it's just another anti spasmodic, and I've had three different ones already.

She blew off all my symptoms as nothing and get this, even though I told her I am lactose intolerant, she wants me to start drinking milk cause its nutritious.

I'm thinking I have celiac disease... all my symptoms point that way. I'm considering doin the gluten free diet to see if it will help. I've tried it somewhat as I've noticed reactions, but haven't strictly followed the diet.

Anyway, I'm hoping you are feeling better.

Cheers,
Angela

Old 11-15-2006, 09:35 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sharon76 HB User

Hi Angela

I'm really sorry to hear that you haven't got anything sorted yet.

I think it is disgusting that your symptoms have virtually been ignored! Doctors like that shouldn't be allowed to practice.

I can't undrstand why she said you are too young to have an endoscopy, i mean children have them done?

have you tried the peppermint tablets or water yet? Taking it every fours hours will help.

Try following the diet you said and see if you do notice changes.

the thing is if you are lactose intollerant they why on earth would she encourage you to drink milk? You can buy lactose free milk.

Keep me informed of how you are getting on, i do hope something is sorted soon. Don't give up finding answers, keep pushing them.

Sharon x

Closed Thread