It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2006, 05:29 AM   #1
(female)

asailorswife HB User
Have ?'s about my stomach pains

Hello,

I am very confused because I have been having pain under my right rib for about 6 months now. It is not constant it comes and goes. But when I do have it, the area under my rib is very tender and sore. Sometimes I get like a stabbing pain. If I take deep breaths it will hurt. More recently I had an episode were I was awaken out of my sleep with a severe pain in the upper middle abdomen. The pain radiated to the right side. This pain lasted for about an hour and caused me to vomit. That day I had a diet that consisted of basically popcorn and pizza. I haven't had a pain like this again. But within the last week I have been feeling sick after I eat, I feel tightness in my stomach, and I am getting diarrahea with these stomach pains. On Monday I am going for an ultrasound. I had labs done but those came back fine. I had an ultrasound done about a year ago on my gallbladder but nothing showed up.

Does this sound like a gallbladder issue? Is it possible to have gallstones and your labs come back normal? If you have gallstones does it cause people to suffer from diarrahea? Finally, if my ultrasound comes back not showing anything could there still be something going on with the gallbladder?

Anyones experiences and advice would be helpful

Thanks
Sara

Old 09-13-2006, 05:43 PM   #2
(female)

mommy2brandon24 HB User
Re: Have ?'s about my stomach pains

hi it does sound like its your gallbladder but not to sure if tests are coming back normal. you sound just like me only mine was for the last 2 in a half years non stop exspeacially after i ate i felt like i lived in my bathroom i had the pain, diarrha,vomiting,i would get heartburn sooo bad i thought i was having a heart attack. i just had gallbladder surgery 8 days ago i feel 100 percent better i can actually eat now no more pain i feel like myself again. but if i was you i would get alot more tests done maybe there missing something it could be your gallbladder.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-14-2006, 04:28 AM   #3
(female)

crampster HB User

All of my test came back negative... ct scan, ultrasound and 2 hida scans. I had problems over a 5 to 6 year period... once they even sent me to the emergency room because the attack was so bad they had me doped up on drugs to the point I was almost asleep for 2 days. Then the pain subsided at the end of the 2nd day and they sent me home.

I continued to have on again off again pinching or sometimes a stabbing pain. I got another GI doc who said it was gallbladder. He sent me to a surgeon who agreed and they removed my gallbladder... the pathology came back and my gallbladder was inflammed. I don't know what the next step after inflammation is.... maybe a rupture? Anyway I feel sooooooooo much better and it only took 5 to 6 years to get it resolved. HMO... bah

If your doc doesn't assist get a second opinion. Take the test results (so you don't have to pay to have them done again) but don't tell the doc what you were told so you get a good 2nd opinion.

crampster

Old 09-14-2006, 04:48 AM   #4
(female)

asailorswife HB User

Thanks Crampster,

This is good information to know. I had to go to the doctor because I was in pain today and they gave me viocodin. I am awaiting my ultrasound on Monday and they also ordered a CT scan. Unfortunately I overseas and getting seen my military doctors so I don't have much room to go to another doctor only another doctor in the department. If my ultrasound and CT come back negative I am going to request a HIDA scan. Thanks for the information. THe pain is getting worse everyday.

Old 09-14-2006, 07:12 AM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

It willhelp if you get on a no fat diet. The pizza and popcorn were big no-nos!

Old 09-14-2006, 03:24 PM   #6
(female)

asailorswife HB User

I agree, this was before I suspected my gallbladder. I don't normally eat like that but that was an off day. That attack was the first time I had ever got anything like that. I have limited what I am eating and avoiding greasy foods. No more attacks yet, just a lot of pain on my side.

Closed Thread