It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2006, 04:58 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

carisa HB User
having endoscopy in two days

I was wondering whether or not anyone had any nausea from the medication they give you to knock you out for the endoscopy? I just had a laparoscopy done last week and I woke up from it very nauseas, that was done with general anesthesia though so I'm hoping this one isn't so strong. Anyone know about this?

Also, I am very nervous about gagging and not being able to get the tube down. Is it really as bad as it sounds? Thanks

Carisa

Old 09-11-2006, 07:11 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

gingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB User
Re: having endoscopy in two days

When I had the endoscopy done it wasn't a general. It was a mixture of versed and something else, so I felt fine when I woke up. I never saw the tube, felt the biopsies or anything. My throat wasn't even sore. It was the easiest test I ever had. I hope yours goes as well!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-11-2006, 07:25 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

carisa HB User

Ooh thank you. They are using versed and something else. I can't remember what the other thing was. I just really hope mine is as easy as yours. I'm so nervous!

Thank you for the encouragement.

Carisa

Old 09-11-2006, 07:26 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

carisa HB User

Ooh thank you. They are using versed and something else. I can't remember what the other thing was. I just really hope mine is as easy as yours. I'm so nervous!

Thank you for the encouragement.

Carisa

Old 09-12-2006, 02:06 PM   #5
(female)

nanci2539 HB User

I've had several and never had an issue. Like the previous poster; I don't feel it; don't remember it and love the feeling of blissfulness when I wake up!

Old 09-12-2006, 02:22 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

carisa HB User

Great, that's what I like to hear! I am so unbelievably nervous, even more so than I was last week for an actual surgery under general anesthesia. I hope when it's all said and done I can say I was worrying for no reason.

Thanks

Carisa

Old 09-12-2006, 07:29 PM   #7
(female)

mommy2brandon24 HB User

i just had it done 3 weeks ago i was just like you i was so nervouse just thinking about a tube going down your throat made me really nervouse. but it wasnt bad at all they gave me consious sedation i was awake but really in lala land dont remember a thing never even seen the tube so no its not that bad.i had a soar throat for a day but that was all never felt nasious though.

Old 09-13-2006, 09:06 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

carisa HB User

thank you guys, you don't know how much it helps to read these posts. I am going in in about 2 hours and I'm freaking out so reading these does calm the fears a little.

Wish me luck.

Carisa

Old 09-13-2006, 03:05 PM   #9
(female)

mommy2brandon24 HB User

good luck today you probily already had it done but its not bad at all. let us know if everything went ok. but i think youll be ok.

Old 09-13-2006, 09:09 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

carisa HB User

Thank you guys for all of your encouragement! I finally had it done today. I was given versed and something else I forget the name. It worked wonderfully. I don't remember a thing. The last thing I remember was gagging when they were spraying my throught. Next thing I knew I was in the recovery room. So basically I was overly worried for nothing.

Oh, and I have no ulcers or gastritis, which was suspected by my doctor. I do have something wrong with the "flap" as my dr. called it. I guess it doesnt close correctly so acid gets built up and is causing a stomach ache. Now I am being told to take three prilosec a day before each meal. I have one more test to take now and I can't remember what it is called. I'm going to call tomorrow to schedule it.

Thanks again,
Carisa

Closed Thread