It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2006, 12:10 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

lala-whatsnext HB User
what causes

when I eat meat or dense bread it has trouble leaving my esophegas and going into my stomach and hurts like crazy. I am getting an endoscope this Thursday and the gastro doc said she'd stretch it out while she was checking me. I ask what caused this narrowing and she said heart burn.......I never get heart burn. She said there is such a thing as silent heart burn......how can that be? Can anything else cause this narrowing and does it have a name?

Old 09-12-2006, 02:06 PM   #2
(female)

mskubic HB User
Re: what causes

Lala check this out I think I have it. I am going to the doc next week

[url]http://www.medicinenet.com/eosinophilic_esophagitis/article.htm[/url]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-12-2006, 02:09 PM   #3
(female)

mskubic HB User

Also I forgot to mention I have been dealing with it for over a year. I rarely get heartburn just the food going down slowly. It comes and goes thats why I put off going to the doc because I start to feel better but then it comes back to haunt me.

Please let me know the results of your test

Old 09-15-2006, 10:33 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

lala-whatsnext HB User

I had the endoscope yesterday and the doc talked to my hubby, she said that I had a narrowing of the esophagus and it is caused by reflux or stomach acid. This is very strange to me as I have never had heart burn! But it is called silent heart burn when you have no symptoms. The acid on the esophagus over extended time causes scaring....then the scaring causes the narrowing. Thats why the meat and bread items had trouble going down. She stretched it out and gave me a script for a anti acid pill I will take once a day. I see her for a follow up on the 25th and will know more then if there is anymore to know.
For the procedure it was a piece of cake. She gave me versed and demerol. You never know what is going on. She did my coloscopy a few months ago and ask if I remembered any of it. I said I "woke" once during the procedure so she told the nurse to give me twice the amount of versed this time. I woke and was in my cubicle. Never remembered a thing about it....which is just how I like it. lol
Find this post after you see your doc and let me know what he or she says.
good luck.

Old 09-15-2006, 10:42 AM   #5
(female)

mskubic HB User

Thanks for your reply back I really appreciate it.

How long did you have this swallowing problem. Mine started around a year ago and I was given prilosec for it and it got better. Now it has come back to haunt me. I am calling the doc to get a referral to a GI

Old 09-18-2006, 04:51 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

lala-whatsnext HB User

I had the swallowing issue for maybe four years or more but only occasionally. This last year it got to be more and more frequent.
Is prisolec an anti acid type drug?
To find my gastro doc I just got on my insurance website and found a place that was covered by our ppo, I called them and ask if there was any female gastro docs and sure enough there was.
Good luck.

Closed Thread