It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2006, 12:26 PM   #1
(female)

wmjsease HB User
pain in upper right side of abdomen

I have been having pain in the upper right side of my abdomen for a few weeks now. It is getting a little better, but I have a lot of pinching type feelings there. I also have been extremely lightheaded with bad headaches for the past few months. I have went to neurologists, cardiologists, ents. All of them have ruled everthing in there department out. I also have really bad chest pains sometimes. It feels like squeezing. My question is can all of this be gallbladder related? I know the side pain and chest pain could be, but what about the head stuff? Noone has any clue. I have not seen my doctor about the pain yet, but am going to next week. What do you all think?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-13-2006, 12:41 PM   #2
(male)

joelchicago HB User
Re: pain in upper right side of abdomen

Absolutely, this could be gallbladder. Get the test run on it, not just the ultrasound but the ejection percentage test. That will tell you. I was dizzy a lot after eating, had pain in various places, pain in the LEFT shoulder, and had a lot of chest pain with my gallbladder. It never showed up as classic gallbladder pain, but the gallbladder is gone now, along with most of the pain. Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-13-2006, 04:16 PM   #3
(female)

wmjsease HB User

thank you so much for responding. I will get the tests done and hopefully they will do something about it. Thanks again

Old 09-14-2006, 05:30 AM   #4
(female)

crampster HB User

I agree with joelchicago.... get a good GI doc. All of my test were normal... but they removed my gallbladder and I am fine now after 5 to 6 years of pain on again off again, naseau, and diahrrea.
good luck
crampster

Old 09-14-2006, 02:17 PM   #5
(female)

wmjsease HB User

well i went to my doctor today about the pain in the right side. He said that my body was under a lot of stress, and since I weigh 250 pounds at 5 foot 2 that I needed to consider gastric bypass surgery as this will be the only way to get healthy again. What's funny is that I did lost 50 pounds a while back and feel worse now than I did before I lost it. He really didn't want to do a gallbladder ultrasound, but is going to at my insistence. He said even if it is gallbladder disease, that it won't help to have gallbladder surgery until I lost 100 pounds. I agree that I need to lose weight, but feel so crummy by being so darned lightheaded all of the time, and having these awful headaches, that I really don't even feel like lifting my head up much anymore. I'm so disgusted with all of this.

Old 09-14-2006, 05:41 PM   #6
(female)

Tracy66 HB User
Talking Re: pain in upper right side of abdomen

don't give up...i felt crappy for about 3 years and didn't know why..had lots of migraine type headaches. It got worse before I ever thought about a gallbladder....I never vomited but lots of people do thats why I didn't know it could be my gb. I had an episode where I eat at a buffet but didn't really eat that much and had tea....about 20 minutes later I found myself in horrible pain....well horrible something...I couldn't breathe..it felt like someone was sitting on my chest...and I hurt all the way across the top of my ribs left to right.....we went to bookamillion..to walk around and I had to lie on the floor I was in so much discomfort. It finally passed and then I got a bad headache....I had some espisodes similar but not that bad for a year then I started have cramps in my back on the right whether I ate or not and it felt like I needed to just bend over a chair all day because lying down didn't help. Then 6 mos later I found I was so tender in the right side ribs all the way around and then a little swollen....very bad headache. Went to a different doc and she barely touched me and said big big stone stuck in my gallbladder...very infected. Had the thing (GB) removed. Havent had but one bad headache and it's been 6 mos. Acid reflux is gone. Feel pretty good except some swelling still in that area. Hope you keep checking. Maybe it will help you to lose weight if you feel better! Who feels like losing weight if you feel like crap! Good Luck!

Last edited by Tracy66; 09-14-2006 at 05:46 PM.

Old 09-14-2006, 05:50 PM   #7
(female)

wmjsease HB User

Thank you so much for answering. That's my point exactly. Who feels like losing weight while feeling so crappy. The doctor doesn't seem to understand that though. AAAGGGHHH

Closed Thread