It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2006, 05:09 PM   #1

shpam7 HB User
Folks...I have to have the GB Surgery !!!!

Hello Everyone,

Today, it was confirmed that I have to have the GallBladder Surgery.

The first week of June 2006, I had pain but it was so severe that I had to go to the emergency room. The doctor asked me if I had this pain before. I told him I did over the course of 4 years. Next, they did an ultrasound and it was very clear that I had a gallstone stuck in one of my bile ducts. The doctor told me that I have had gallbladder problem for quite some time and it just so happen to send me to the hospital this year. Amazing, I just didn't know what was wrong for about 4 years!!! So, the pain medication and my change of diet kept my pain under control until I saw the surgeon.
So, I saw the surgeon today and he read the ER and ultrasound report and did an exam. He confirmed that my gallbladder has to come OUT !!! He stated that he was afraid that I would have another attack and could be far worse than the ones I have been having. Especially after the last attack this past June.
After reading some of your posts on this board, I feel somewhat comfortable to be brave about having the surgery, yet, there is still a part of me that is a bit jittery about it.
They were ready to schedule the surgery as early as next week but couldn't until he get clearance from my cardiologist. My doctor felt that I needed to have my heart checked before going into surgery.
Now, the surgeon talked about doing the one-day surgery, but my concern is what my cardiologist would say considering I have heart murmur, anxiety disorder, asthsma, thyroid problem, prolactinoma, and tachycardia problems. ANY FEEDBACKS????

Well, I need all of the support I can get because I do not have good nerves at all so me getting new friends and words of widsoms would help.

Thanks

Last edited by shpam7; 09-13-2006 at 05:18 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-13-2006, 07:08 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Folks...I have to have the GB Surgery !!!!

They do more serious operations on people with the same issues all the time. Never fear. Your cardiologist and surgeon can handle this. I have asthma and tachycardia and neither was an issue when I had mine out...or my two foot surgeries. And it's a relatively simple, short procedure....20 minutes or so.

Old 09-16-2006, 09:42 AM   #3
(female)

cherman HB User
Re: Folks...I have to have the GB Surgery !!!!

Had the surgery 30 years ago so its probably a breeze now. You'll feel better after its over with good Luck

Closed Thread