It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2006, 07:35 PM   #1
(female)

jjaj02 HB User
Pain Under Right Ribs

Hello, everyone,

I have been having pain under my right ribs when it is touched for a couple years now. It doesn't hurt other than when it is touched, it is tender. I notice it most often when I pick up one of my dogs and his foot pushes into it. If anyone has any clue what this may be please let me know. Thanks.

Old 09-14-2006, 04:14 AM   #2
(female)

crampster HB User
Re: Pain Under Right Ribs

Perhaps you need to see a gastro interologist or GI(short) doc. I had pain there and had gallbladder inflmmation... it didn't get better. I had nausea, diahrrea and sometimes pain on the back opposite as if someone shifted the pain from the front to the back instead.
good luck.
crampster

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-14-2006, 12:52 PM   #3
(female)

jjaj02 HB User

Thank you very much. I have also been having pain on that side of my back. What sort of tests do they run for inflammed gallbladder. I am extremely afraid of doctors and hospitals. I am currently looking for a doctor that I can be comfortable with. Thanks again.

Old 09-14-2006, 10:33 PM   #4
(female)

StaciL320 HB User

Hi jjay02. I just had to respond to your letter since like yourself, I have had pain under my ribs for about 3 years now. Crampster mentioned that maybe you have an inflammed gall bladder. Well, that is possible, but in my case I had my gall bladder removed right before my rib pain started, so I know that isn't the case. I was told by a few doctors that I have excess gas in the colon, which is right by where the ribs are and that's what is causing the pain. For as long as I could remember I have had problems with excess gas, but it seems like the condition got much worse as I got older. Taking over the counter medications like Gas X really does nothing to help and probably the best thing I can do is watch what I eat and especially watch what I drink, meaning not drinking too much soda. I also get nauseous all the time, probably at least several times a week, but again, it gets worse if I eat the wrong things at the wrong time. By the way, my ribs very rarely hurt unless I press into them and there are times when I completely forget about the condition until this happens. I have lived this way for several years, so I have to assume it is nothing that is life threatening, although it can be very uncomfortable, especially when I get nauseous so often. Do you have any other symptoms like acid reflux? I never used to get this, but for the past year or two, I get it all the time and on occasion even feel the acid come up when I am lying in bed. Like you, I am very afraid of hospitals and testing and especially afraid of any tests that involve scopes. I probably should have an endoscopy, but will avoid it at all costs because of my fear of the test. Hope you feel better!

Closed Thread