It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2006, 06:17 PM   #1
(male)

kpr HB User
dry heave questions. please help

Can smoking cause dry heaving? For the past few years I have had a problem with stomach discomfert. I am 24 years old and have been smoking steadly since I was 17. My stomach always feels like I will throw up and is always in discomfort. I don't know if my diet is bad or if it is because of the smoking. I have searched online for answers about smoking causing this but found none.
So basically If I smoke the night before and don't get over 8 hours of sleep, i feel like I may throw up. Even sometimes when I get plenty of sleep this happens. I can not eat in the mornings and usually dry heave when I walk somewhere. I dry heave a lot of the times, or feel as if I will throw up if I smoke my first cigeratte to early in the day.
It has gotten to the point I dont like to go out because my stomachs always in discomfert. When I dry heave I feel better. Most of the time nothing comes up, But some times I throw up a flem or watery substance.... Does this sound like something else, or is it caused by smoking to much? Any help would be nice. Thank you.
Edit/Delete Message

Old 09-18-2006, 11:49 AM   #2
(male)

kpr HB User
Re: dry heave questions. please help

anyone??? I caNT FIND ANYTHING ONLINE ABOUT IT

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-23-2006, 07:24 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

hopetofeelwell1 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpr
Can smoking cause dry heaving? For the past few years I have had a problem with stomach discomfert. I am 24 years old and have been smoking steadly since I was 17. My stomach always feels like I will throw up and is always in discomfort. I don't know if my diet is bad or if it is because of the smoking. I have searched online for answers about smoking causing this but found none.
So basically If I smoke the night before and don't get over 8 hours of sleep, i feel like I may throw up. Even sometimes when I get plenty of sleep this happens. I can not eat in the mornings and usually dry heave when I walk somewhere. I dry heave a lot of the times, or feel as if I will throw up if I smoke my first cigeratte to early in the day.
It has gotten to the point I dont like to go out because my stomachs always in discomfert. When I dry heave I feel better. Most of the time nothing comes up, But some times I throw up a flem or watery substance.... Does this sound like something else, or is it caused by smoking to much? Any help would be nice. Thank you.
Edit/Delete Message
Hi KP--I used to have a lot of your symptoms, but found out that I have sinus trouble, migraine(which after dry heaving or throwing up would give me relief), and severe allergies and severe postnasal drip, giving me the gagging feeling. The nausea could be from nicotine hangover, acid reflux, or either nicotine poisoning or allergy. I know that when I have stopped smoking from time to time, all of that feeling goes away. Cigarettes have affected my sinuses, lungs, stomach, and immune system and have given me so many problems over the years that once again I'm trying to quit smoking for good. It stinks to feel crummy for at least 20 years out of your life--I know first-hand. Please pursue this as we'd all love to see you feel better soon. The smoking board has some awesome support! Take care--Hopeto--

Old 09-29-2006, 07:47 PM   #4
(male)

Given2Fly HB User

I'm sure you've heard this a millione times, but the first thing you need to do is quit smoking. Then you will be able to see if the smoking is what's causing most of your problems. I quit smoking over 2 years ago, and when I did, problems went away that I would never think were even related to smoking, (pain in legs, backpains, trouble sleeping) once I quit smoking, all that went away, so I'm sure smoking isn't helping you at all.

Closed Thread