It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2006, 12:35 AM   #1
(male)

waddle147 HB User
This is absolute hell.

Hey, I am seventeen and suffer from anorexia, although for the past week I have been eating a balanced diet. My problem is that I have severe digestion issues. For a start, I am constipated regardless of the amount of fibre I eat. As well as this, I feel bloated and am forever producing gas. I am also having an incredibly hard time digesting food as usually in the aftermath I feel feverish, sick and have a strange taste in the top of my mouth. In addition to this my physique is getting worse and worse. This is not mental, I must stress, as my weight has went up by around 4 lbs and I am not any stronger as I lift weights and can't lift more than what I could a week ago, as well as this I am becoming slower each day. It also isn't just my body getting back into shape, as I was not severely underweight (9 st 4 lbs at worst, 5''11). I just feel completely helpless, it is affecting my life and I just cannot see the end. I have lost my faith in God, and if nothing is done I am going to end up obese. Help.

P.S.- I think I have a carb intolerance. Has anyone else went through this?

Old 09-22-2006, 05:56 AM   #2
(female)

kakapo HB User
Re: This is absolute hell.

i think its more likely that your body is getting used to digesting regular food quantities again....often sudden changes in diet can led to the problems you're experiancing,

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-22-2006, 07:03 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sharon76 HB User
Re: This is absolute hell.

When a person has been anorexic there organs do not work as well this includes the digestive system. It is almost like re training them to function properly. I was once anoreic due to a underlying illness and i found it hard on my digestive system .

It will correct itselfs but with help.........you are doing the right thing drinking water, your bowel is probably dehydrated and it will take time to rehydrate it. Due to you being anorexic slowly introduce fibre and veg in to your diet. Doing too quickly can cause pain and bloatedness as the bowel hasnt got used to it. ALso when a person is anorexic they need a special diet,again in order to get the digestive system into digesting food the way it should. And the calorie intake is slightly increased as the person progresses.

Dont worry you wont get obese, you will only get obese if you eat and eat, eating the wrong types of food. You cant get obese by constipation.

Are you seeing a dietitian??? They should help with your food intake.

Closed Thread