It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2006, 11:54 AM   #1
(female)

dkrtist HB User
Question upper left chest pain

I am experiencing pain in my upper left chest. I have had an EKG & a endoscopy, but they were fine. Also had blood test for ulcer. It was neg. I am schedueled for upper GI. Have had about 4 episodes of very painful, burning in upper left chest that last a few hours. Always get pain in upper left chest & lots of gas, but usually symptoms subside in a couple hours. For the last 4 days I have had constant pain in upper left chest, right under breast. It is very sore & every once in a while it feels like something is moving in there, a pressure that lasts a few seconds & then stops. Very weird feeling! Lots of belching. What could it be? Heart? Stomach? Breast cancer? Sometimes I get so scared that I'm having a heart attack that I give myself a panic attack. Its miserable! Anyone else have these symptoms? HELP!

Last edited by dkrtist; 10-05-2006 at 11:59 AM.

Old 10-05-2006, 01:37 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

backslide05 HB User
Re: upper left chest pain

I've had similar pain, and am certain it must be gas or maybe acid causing the burning and pain. mine sometimes lasts for a couple days. usually between the breast and collarbone on the left side so mine is higher up.
I have LPR, and lots of gas as well. Can't eat much of anything without some sort of stomach or gas reaction.

since you have lots of belching, I would suspect it's gas.
what type of upper gi are you having done? you had an endoscope, and they found nothing? no reflux?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-06-2006, 09:48 AM   #3
(female)

dkrtist HB User

No they found nothing in the endoscope. I'm not sure what type of GI. All they said was upper GI. It really sucks when you feel so crappy & they can't find the cause. Hang in there. I know its frustrating!

Last edited by dkrtist; 10-06-2006 at 09:50 AM.

Old 10-06-2006, 05:57 PM   #4
(female)

BrendaB HB User

I know this sounds to simple to be true, but it's worth a shot...
I had the same pain for years. After many tests, procedures, medicines - I found out this: your intestine makes a sharp turn under your left breast. Gas can get trapped here. Try drinking a glass of water with Metamucil mixed in it twice a day for a week, then once a day. Keeps things moving and gets rid of trapped gas.

Old 10-06-2006, 06:17 PM   #5
(female)

Tennessee girl HB User

drkist,
I got something similar as you going on except for the burning. Have you had any problems with your left arm having a dull aching feeling?

Old 10-14-2006, 04:04 PM   #6
(female)

dkrtist HB User
Smile Re: upper left chest pain

I actually do think it is trapped gas. The pain finally subsided after about a week. I was laying on the sofa & out of nowhere came a huge burp. It was instant relief. I was fine until about 4 days later when I had another attack. After that I started taking anti-gas pills. It has been about 4 days w/o any problems. Yes I do get a dull ache sometimes. Sometimes there are so many symptoms I feel like some kind of kook! But so far the gas pills have done wonders! I will keep you posted. Thank you all for responding.

Closed Thread