It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2006, 10:57 PM   #1
(male)

Josh_B HB User
Erosive Gastritis.....Is there any way to fix this?

The Gastro's have been no help to me (more like a joke). Nobody wants to offer me anything to fix the problem, more or less just pump me full of pills to help me "feel" better and tell me to come back in 6 weeks.

I had an Endoscopy done, and erosive gast. was found. My stomach bloats TERRIBLY with gas filling my entire dig. tract all day and I spend all day passing it out.

Is there any hope to this? Anybody found anything that can help the stomach lining heal??

TIA

Old 10-17-2006, 06:04 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

backslide05 HB User
Re: Erosive Gastritis.....Is there any way to fix this?

yes there are things that can help.
Meds only make it worse. In my opinion, all though others may disagree.

I have had ulcers, gastritis, acid reflux, you name it for years. Here's what I take:

Manuka Honey, (check online for info), aloe vera, either pills or liquid, Yogurt (Activia by Dannon is best I think) and basically the same foods everyday without much variation. NO alcohol and limit coffee. Drink water water water.

Try to walk or exercise every day and limit your stress.

It took less than a week for me to heal myself and now I keep things under control pretty much, and if I have a flare up I go back to the honey 3 or more times a day, and limit my foods. No roughage, i.e., salads..
you have to listen to your body and what upsets it.
Good luck and hope you feel better soon.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-21-2006, 05:18 PM   #3
(male)

Josh_B HB User

Backslide, thanks for the reply!

So do you still have the gastritis? Were you able to heal your stomach lining? I am not quite understanding where you said "I healed myself".

Please explain, thank you!

-josh

Old 10-21-2006, 06:02 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

backslide05 HB User

gastritis and colitis, reflux etc., are chronic conditions that come and go, with most people. I found the honey helped to heal my gastritis or ulcer (not sure since I didn't have a scope done), but the burning ceased, and that is what I meant when I say it was "healed"--so far so good.
I still get bouts of gas and reflux but I deal with each day as it comes, and haven't had to resort to long term drug use.
I hope this answers your question and explains what I mean.

Old 11-15-2006, 08:01 PM   #5
(female)

sapphire12112 HB User

Be very careful with this problem. It can become very serious! I was on Protonix for a while, but weaned myself off of them. I have been drinking Aloe Vera juice for the past few weeks (a little, 2 or 3 times a day). I take a teaspoon of honey with the Aloe Vera. Honey has antibacterial properties in it and Aloe Vera is very healing also. I had an Endoscopy done 2 weeks ago and the gastritis is healing. But I have Barrett's Esophagus also, and he said that it was "redder than he liked". I have been concerned, but when I saw the doctor yesterday he didn't seem to think it has worsened since he did an endoscopy 2 years ago. That was good news! He wants me to take an acid inhibitor again, but I don't know if I will or not. I am eating smaller, more frequent meals, sleeping "elevated" and trying to eat more alkaline producing foods (trying to avoid bad acid producing foods - no coffee, regular tea, avoiding sugars, since they make your stomach more acidic), I am slowly losing weight (per my Gastro doctor, I need to lose 20 pounds). Just be careful and don't let this become something more serous! Watch foods and portions carefully. Meat produces acid, so I rarely eat it. I try to eat lots of green vegetables. Try to stay upright for 3 hours after eating.
Best Wishes, Sapphire

Old 11-15-2006, 09:10 PM   #6
(male)

jbar47 HB User

Backslide - can you buy Manuka honey at a natural foods store? What is the difference between that and regular honey you buy at a supermarket?

I have bowel issues, and was told about aloe vera juice. I drink it mixed with pineapple juice (pineapple seems to mask the taste of the aloe vera which I'm not too fond of). Aloe vera has incredible healing properties. Someone also told me to try it as an enema, but I haven't had the courage to try that!

Sapphire - can you make a list of acid produing foods? I get kidney stones because I have high uric acid. Apparently, my physiology is more acid than alkaline, and I'd like to change that if possible.

Old 04-16-2007, 04:38 PM   #7
(female)

Disi HB User
Thumbs up Re: Erosive Gastritis.....Is there any way to fix this?

Hi, I was diagnosed with accute gastritis after having h pylori and found that taking "Active UMF Manuka Honey" at least 15+ helped clear up my problem and I can now eat anything including very spicy food. Luckily I live in NZ where it is readily available and I know it can be expensive overseas but much better than taking drugs. Hope your feeling better now.

Closed Thread