It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2006, 01:04 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ol'Line Rebel HB UserOl'Line Rebel HB User
Who has gastroparesis (slow stomach)?

Anyone have the slow/paralyzed stomach?

I'm just curious.

I have it and tried Reglan, which on low dosage after only 2 weeks sent me to the ER with bad heart pounding and heart flops (skipping beats - PACs).

So, I'm off it again.

I worry that gastroparesis will get worse and I'll have a truly paralyzed stomach that doesn't work at all. And I can't do anything about it because the Reglan is nasty and the only legal thing here.

The following user gives a hug of support to Ol'Line Rebel:
Tahoetonia (03-04-2011)
Old 11-13-2006, 02:15 PM   #2
(female)

tinker89 HB User
Re: Who has gastroparesis (slow stomach)?

Hi,
I don't have gastroparesis, but I have taken domperidone (or motilium) in the past. I know it is not approved in US, but I was able to get it by mail from Canada (I think it is also approved in Mexico and Europe). My GI reassured me I should not have any problems filling his prescription in Canada. I think the main side-effects with Domperidone are headaches and increased prolactin levels. You can check online to find out more about domperidone. Good luck and I hope you will feel better soon!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-17-2006, 07:57 AM   #3
(female)

Barb41 HB User

I have been waiting to find someone with gastroparesis. I was diagnosed with gastroparesis this summer & also took Reglan. I too didn't do well with it. I have had a tough fall with awful nausea- bouts with dehydration & hospitalization. The best thing I did was get my GI doctor to refer me to the motility disorders area at Mayo Clinic. They have very specialized testing able to find out exactly where your motility is occurring. My difficulties are specifically occurring in my lower stomach. I am now on Motilium with hopes this helps my stomach start working so my stomach can empty. Very frustrating! For me it's been tough as I worry about my future which it sounds like you do too-- which then of course causes anxiety. Let me know more what's going on for you & I'll try to help.

Barb41 from South Dakota

Old 11-19-2006, 05:40 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Valo99 HB User

I didnt have problems until I had my baby 5 months ago. My stomach stopped working for 5 days, although they said thats common after stomach surgery, it wasn't for as long as I went and the severity. I was so bloated I looked 13 months pregnant! I was in so much pain.

problem is, even now I have this weird pain on the upper right side of my stomach. that's where it was bloated when I was in the hospital. It was so tender, nobody could even touch.

So far they have done a barium emema and ultra sound and found nothing.
My doctor said it it continues he wanted to do a colosocopy and an endoscopy. It went away and now it's back.

I am not real thrilled about going in for these tests, so I am debating. It's irritiatging because it comes and goes. I don't know what to do.

Old 11-20-2006, 08:36 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ol'Line Rebel HB UserOl'Line Rebel HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valo99
I didnt have problems until I had my baby 5 months ago. My stomach stopped working for 5 days, although they said thats common after stomach surgery, it wasn't for as long as I went and the severity. I was so bloated I looked 13 months pregnant! I was in so much pain.

problem is, even now I have this weird pain on the upper right side of my stomach. that's where it was bloated when I was in the hospital. It was so tender, nobody could even touch.

So far they have done a barium emema and ultra sound and found nothing.
My doctor said it it continues he wanted to do a colosocopy and an endoscopy. It went away and now it's back.

I am not real thrilled about going in for these tests, so I am debating. It's irritiatging because it comes and goes. I don't know what to do.

Hi Valo,

Have you been diagnosed with GP yet? Or just guessing?

The "upper right" makes me think of gallbladder. Just a thought.

Old 11-20-2006, 09:10 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

ICC HB UserICC HB UserICC HB User

hi all----after 6 months and so many tests i have lost count my dr. told me i have depayed emptying. he doesn't feel it is alarming right now so changed me from prevacid to nexium. i have been religious about eating small meals and drinking in between bites. also not eating anything to aggravate matters. being a diabetic i was scared that it was from that but isn't. mine doesn't sound half as bad as most of yours.

Old 11-20-2006, 08:34 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

Valo99 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol'Line Rebel
Hi Valo,

Have you been diagnosed with GP yet? Or just guessing?

The "upper right" makes me think of gallbladder. Just a thought.
They already ruled out gallbladder. This only started in the hospital after my c section. At first they thought there may be a kink, but ruled that out as well. Since, I keep getting mini's attacks where it last a couple days.

Closed Thread