It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2007, 08:24 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ol'Line Rebel HB UserOl'Line Rebel HB User
Burning stomach AND lower gut

Anyone have burning LOWER GUT? I thought the burning stomach was bad enough, but slowly over the last few months, I've felt a light burn lower.

Brief history: Been suffering alleged "reflux disease" for a year and been on Nexium every day for almost as long. Suffer alot with throat, so have been on 2x/day and 300 mg Zantac for some 6 mos now. Only solid diagnosis is gastroparesis (mild), tried Reglan for 2 weeks (horrible heart/nerve side effects) 3 mos ago. Nothing for that now.

Well, it wouldn't be so bad except the other night I had a HORRIBLE bout of something. Don't know if it was allergies (I seem to have some nerve/gut reaction to some things, not clear the other night though), virus, or some other reaction. In any case, it involved HORRIBLE burning all through my torso - including my lower GI. I mean, horrible. Made me writhe in pain and had to "vocalize". I very quickly got really, really weak (fainty), sweated profusely (this all matched with allergic problems), and felt either I had to faint or "go to the bathroom" - either 1. As it was, I had a BM which was "normal" except I knew it was "forced out" as if to get out of the way. Practically passed out on the floor, too weak to move from the toilet. But minutes later had to go again - this time definitely BM of diarrhea, mixed mushy/liquid. Felt a tiny bit better. Tried to sleep. About 2 hrs later, had to go again - almost pure liquid. Still felt pretty weak but not as bad as when it hit, nearly.

All the time present, though, was this burning all through my gut, including the intestinal area. I have NEVER had such a thing as burning intestines. The sudden onset was HORRIBLE. I really felt like I was being microwaved - burning inside out!

And it's not nice ever since, but tolerable. However, it all scares me now, that I have a NEW problem that won't leave.

Anyone ever have such a burning gut? Anything in common with my history?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread