It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2007, 09:32 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

wonderingtoo HB User
Bad taste in mouth all the time, stomach problems.

I'm having stomach problems of late, pain and diarrhea. I've had several tests and am diagnosed with IBS.

Well, I have this problem that my GP basically ignored when I mentioned it. I have a constant bad taste in my mouth. Have had it since December. Before that I was having occasional coughing for months and a tickle in my throat, so my doc gave me Pepcid. I started taking the Pepcid to see if it would help with the bad taste, but it doesn't make a difference. I don't have heartburn, so I don't think it is acid reflux.
The bad taste started when I had a really bad few days of diarrhea. I'm wondering if this is a virus, or possibly even a parasite. Don't know how to approach my doc. with this question without him thinking I'm crazy.

Anyone else have this problem? It's driving me crazy. I feel nauseated all the time and like there is a constant sicky sweet taste in the back of my mouth.

Old 02-03-2007, 07:44 PM   #2
(female)

sh2794 HB User
Re: Bad taste in mouth all the time, stomach problems.

I am new to this board but not to stomach problems. I do know that you can have acid reflux withoud having severe heartburn. Is the bad taste in your mouth similar to a "metal" taste. I believe that this can be a form of reflux. I have acid reflux and meds weren't helping. I developed a hiatal hernia and had surgery. I don't have the same symptoms of reflux as I did before, but I do still have them and sometimes get that "taste" in my mouth.

Don't feel crazy about asking your doc about this. Do try and find a good one that will listen to you.

Feel better soon!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread