It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2007, 11:19 PM   #1
(female)

Iloveturtles HB User
weirdest thing happend tonight

I came home from work tonight and was relaxing for awhile and my legs became very restless. I haven't slept much this past week and so, I took an Ambien to help me calm down and hopefully, get some sleep. Well, I got up after a short time after taking the Ambien and it felt like something was caught in my throat or I had a "film" in my throat. Then, all of a sudden, I started gagging and then threw up in the sink four times! Shortly after that, I threw up two more times. What could this be?? Sorry for the TMI. Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-21-2007, 07:21 AM   #2
(male)

sadtummy HB User
Re: weirdest thing happend tonight

I have never used Ambien, but I looked up Ambien's side effects and nausea and vomiting are among them. Have you used it many times before without problems? I have seen your posts before but don't recall what other issues you have been experiencing. Recent surgery? Gall bladder? Gastritis? Are you taking other meds besides Ambien? If you search the web you'll find some drugs that shouldn't be taken with Ambien. By the way, I love turtles too. We have four turtles in a large aquarium in the living room.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-21-2007, 08:23 AM   #3
(female)

Iloveturtles HB User
Re: weirdest thing happend tonight

Hi there, thanks for replying I only take Ambien as needed. I recently was diagnosed as having GERD/Acid Reflux and I am taking Nexium for that. I also posted on the acid reflux board and someone mentioned something similar to acid reflux called Laryngopharyngeal Reflux? I am going to see my doctor this afternoon, so hopefully, I will find out something then. I will keep you posted.

Thanks, Becky

Closed Thread