It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2007, 05:15 AM   #1
(female)

hongyan HB User
Unhappy Frequent urination, feeling full from little food

I posted this in the urology section on th 20th, but it seems more appropriate here:

Quote:
In recent days I've been unable to eat large portions of food, but I attributed it to stress. Today I woke up and had the symptoms of a cold, dizziness, runny nose, and figured that was all I had; however, after I ate a lemon doughnut and drank coffee this morning, I began to feel oddly dizzy and ate a grannysmith apple. The apple wasn't enough so I fixed a pot of (salty) greens, trying to gain energy (almost started a fire...maybe my being startled has something to do with this). I took two bites of the greens and started feeling like i needed to vomit. My heart was beating fast and i felt like i would faint. It was then that I started urinating about every 15 minutes for 6 hrs (heavy urination each time, not a few drops).

I must have gone 30 times today, without having eaten anything but what I mentioned. I began feeling dehydrated so I got a bottle of water and filled it up a couple of times, but with every sip i needed to go again. Now it's calming down and even though I still need to go, it's not as frequent as before and it's coming out in small quantities.

Does this sound like stress or something serious? I read that stress can do this, but I've never gone through anything like this, so it is terrifying. What does this sound like?

I was thinking about going to the ER, but I was yelled at by my mother for even thinking of such (poor insurance, parent just died a month ago, etc).

Help.
Things have calmed down a bit since then, but I still don't have much of an appetite. Additionally, I came on my menstrual period yesterday, so possibly the digestive problem could be due to this; however, I am still not sure how to deal with it so that I can eat normally again. I can barely eat much of anything it seems. Even water seems to irritate my stomach, so I am only drinking gatorade. My stomach especially is irritated by acidic things, I can't even consider eating fruits or highly salty things, otherwise I get a sensation of being full at a couple of bites and the frequent urination begins all over again. Yesterday, I only ate a couple of crackers, a couple of bites of fish, and a pudding cup (much more than I had been able to eat in previous days and not as much need to urinate, but I would like to at least be hungry again). I went to the doctor, but she could not figure out what was wrong; I'm not diabetic, I don't have a bladder infection, etc. We could only guess that maybe stress had something to do with it. How can I deal with this so that I can get my diet back to normal? Please help me.

I was wondering whether it could be gastroparesis or not, but I have no pain in my stomach and I have not vomited once, so it doesn't seem like this.

*Also, I seem to have some kind of cold on top of it -- runny nose, coughing...could this be a factor?

Last edited by hongyan; 02-23-2007 at 05:18 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-23-2007, 06:00 AM   #2
(female)

hongyan HB User
Re: Frequent urination, feeling full from little food

Thank you so much for the response.
No, I haven't had any of those tests yet. Since I and my mom are in the middle of trying to move between now and March, I was going to try and hold off on seeking serious attention for it as long as I can until we get settled. I should be alright until then, right?

Gallbladder disease runs in my family and both parents had theirs removed, so it is a likelihood, though I heard from my parents that it is more painful and causes vomiting. I am not experiencing real pain or vomiting...yet..
I hope it can wait until March to be dealt with...so inconvenient....

Old 02-23-2007, 07:25 AM   #3
(female)

hongyan HB User

I just ate a jello cup and a spoon of oatmeal; almost immediately I began feeling dizzy and ill and had to lie down. Now after two trips to the bathroom, I have this headache. I'm so scared. You don't think this is serious enough to kill me, do you? I keep being scared that I'm dying or something. I've been wanting to go to the ER, but my mother doesn't want me to, so I don't know what to do. I'm becoming afraid to eat if it makes me dizzy and feel like I'm going to die each time. There isn't pain in the stomach, just discomfort and bloating.

Old 02-23-2007, 08:31 AM   #4
(female)

hongyan HB User

There's a lot going on so she's reluctant to help with anything medical, since she just took me to a doctor the other day and waited for hours. The doctor did not understand what was causing the problem since my kidneys, bladder, and liver seemed okay and I don't have diabetes or something like that. The only thing she thought it could be was a bladder infection, which it turned out that it wasn't.

I'm not as dizzy as before, but this ailment, whatever it is, is confusing me a lot. I don't know what to do since I can't get to a doctor.

Old 02-23-2007, 12:49 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

diamond79 HB User

Is it all foods that cause the dizziness? You should write down what you eat and see if a certain food is causing it as it may be an allergy/intollerance to that food (like Celiac disease or lactose intollerance). Also, the fullness could be many things--gastroparesis, gastritis (which I have and that is one of my biggest symptoms besides nausea). I'm not sure about the frequent urination, but if you are drinking alot then you will likely pee alot. Bladder infections, overactive bladder, diabetes, pregnancy can all cause you to pee alot. I have had a few bladder infections and boy...I sure know when I have one--quite painful and it is a non-stop feeling of having to pee.
I sure hope you find out the cause of your symptoms!

Old 02-23-2007, 04:58 PM   #6
(female)

hongyan HB User

It could be that I've formed some kind of allergy to acidic foods...maybe...

But now there is a whole new situation. I will get the urge to urinate like the bladder is full, but when I go, only a few drops come. I thought maybe this could be due to the fact that I'm menstruating and that maybe the uterus is pushing on the bladder or something.

Old 02-26-2007, 11:32 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ol'Line Rebel HB UserOl'Line Rebel HB User

Hi, just some FYI.

Gastroparesis (GP) doesn't at all have to involve "pain", unless you're talking about nausea or burning gut. (I think of "pain" as "sore" - like when you pull a muscle or you get hit and bruise.)

It also doesn't need to involve vomiting. I have mild GP, and I do not vomit at all. It's mostly just reflux - and often, that is preceded by "fullness" and bloating. These last are definitely part of GP.

As for your doctor situation - maybe your mom doesn't want to bother between money and feeling the doc you saw wasn't helping anyway.

Do you have good teaching hospitals in your area? If so, your doctor is more likely to be affiliated or even just have access/convene with doctors who do and know more.

If not, you'd be surprised how little "non-teaching" doctors can know. They tend not to be up to date on latest research and findings.

If you can get to a doctor with a teaching hospital, you're in better shape and less likely to waste time and money.

Closed Thread