It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2007, 06:41 PM   #1
(female)

Dawny HB User
Polyps and gastritis

Hello,

I am new to the board. I have been dealing with GERD since 2000. I just had an endoscopy because I have burning pain in the top of my stomach. They found polyps and gastritis. I have not had my biopsy results come back yet. I am so petrified of it coming back for cancer. I was just wondering if gastritis is common with GERD. Is it common for cancer if anyone knows.

TIA

Dawn

Old 03-03-2007, 04:36 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ChristineVA HB UserChristineVA HB UserChristineVA HB User
Re: Polyps and gastritis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawny View Post
Hello,

I am new to the board. I have been dealing with GERD since 2000. I just had an endoscopy because I have burning pain in the top of my stomach. They found polyps and gastritis. I have not had my biopsy results come back yet. I am so petrified of it coming back for cancer. I was just wondering if gastritis is common with GERD. Is it common for cancer if anyone knows.

TIA

Dawn
Sorry, I am JUST now seeing this post.

I, too, had an endoscopy on 2/14/07 that showed polyps and gastritis. I also have GERD and have been on Prilosec since 1998 but, for the last 3 years, I've definitely taken the Prilosec EVERY day. I went in to have a colonoscopy and incidentally asked for the upper endoscopy just because it had been awhile. That's when the doctor found the polyps, gastritis, and recent stomach bleeding.

My doctor told me that taking the PPIs (Prilosec, Nexium, Aciphex, Prevacid) causes these polyps and I believe they go away if you stop the meds. Also, chronic gastritis can cause these polyps as well as H. Pylori.

My biopsies came back benign for everything and negative for H. Pylori. We still do not know why I have gastritis or fresh stomach bleeding.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread