It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2007, 05:14 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

innerstrength86 HB User
Question No stool "formation"

Sorry if this is a little graphic, I really don't intend it to be, but I am so confused about what my problem is.

Let me start by saying I have celiac disease. I have been following the diet/lifestyle really well (I know this because I buy fresh unprocessed foods and cook for myself so I know what I'm eating).

When I have to go to the bathroom, there is no stool formation. They're not all watery; they're thick. I am not in any pain either, just the regular "i need to go".

The thing that confuses me the most is that I can see what I ate previously! It's like my body didn't even process it! And I'm not ONLY talking about vegetables, (because I know those are naturally harder to digest), I can see pieces of meat, etc.

I was just wondering, to those of you who know about celiac, do you think my body is still healing? (Although this wasn't happening right after I was diagnosed, but maybe I was contaminated again somewhere down the line - like over the holidays - and have to readjust)

Or, other thoughts...maybe my stomach isn't acidic enough? Perhaps I just need to chew my food more, but, like I said, it's strange that it's JUST happening now (has been for the last three/four months, EVERYDAY)

It all seems very strange to me - if my body is "breaking down" - because I'm only 20 years old! Thanks for any advice/response!

Old 02-27-2007, 05:25 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

morrisun HB User
Re: No stool "formation"

Well the first thing that comes to mind is possible cross contamination. Also how long have you been GF? I know for me it took awhile for things to get back to "normal."
PCOS

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-27-2007, 06:28 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

innerstrength86 HB User
Re: No stool "formation"

I have been GF for over a year now. I am very careful - I'm a college student and live in an apartment so I'm cooking for myself. But there's definitely a possibility that something could have happened when I went home over Thanksgiving/winter break...didn't really think of that until now.

Needless to say, I'm not losing weight, which I find pretty strange!, so I guess I shouldn't be worried about it. Thanks for the response.

Closed Thread