It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2007, 10:12 PM   #1
(male)

Josh_B HB User
Mastic Gum was absolutely no help for my gastritis..Anything else? :( :(

Tried Mastic Gum for almost 2 months per some of the people's recommendations here, and it's been absolutely no help to me . Saw no signs of getting better, much less any change at all. I was taking 2000mg per day, sometimes 3000.

Should I cave in and try the anti-acids ? My gastritis is TERRIBLE, and ruining my life. I am uncomfortable 24/7 with gas, terrible gas pains in the morning and constantly passing gas all day long every day especially after meals. This sucks

Should I try the anti-acids? Anybody seen any help from them in helping the stomach lining heal ?

TIA

-josh

Old 03-21-2007, 05:32 AM   #2
(male)

sadtummy HB User
Re: Mastic Gum was absolutely no help for my gastritis..Anything else? :( :(

How do you know you have gastritis? Have you seen a doctor or had any tests done? You might try something like famotodine (Pepcid AC) or any one of a variety of acid reducers sold over the counter in drugs stores. Take them for a week and see if you have any improvement. I'm not sure what would be causing all the gas. Are you swallowing alot of air? Sometimes anxiety or eating too fast can cause that. Have you added something new to your diet that you may not be digesting well such as beans? Are you lactose intolerant?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-25-2007, 09:27 PM   #3
(male)

Josh_B HB User

I was diagnosed with erosive gastritis via Endoscopy by two different doctors

Changing the diet does not good. EVERYTHING hurts my stomach, EVERYTHING.

Old 03-25-2007, 11:09 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User

josh,

Erosive gastritis is inflammation of the stomach lining with a gradual eating away until it perforates the stomach and infects the abdomen! It is very serious.
How did the doctors treat this condition.

This condition is caused by things like alcohol, asprin, and other initating medication as well as food and drinks -- It needs to be treated by a Doctor.
Basically is is healed by reducing the acid in your stomach- by acid reducers such as PPIs and even -- Maalox sometimes every hour and eating bland type foods for months! 10 years ago this was the way all ulcers were treated until they found out 85% is caused by H.pylori bacteria.

Mastic Gum is of no use in treating erosive type of gastritis.

Harry

Old 03-26-2007, 08:34 PM   #5
(male)

Josh_B HB User

Harry, the docs tried to put me on some of the acid reducers but I refused. Are the acid reducers my only way of help?? If so, i'm all for it.

Old 03-26-2007, 08:40 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User

Josh,
You have to reduce the acid in your stomach to heal erosive gastritis-- and eat a bland diet -- I don't know any other way to heal that type of gastritis!!

Sorry---Harry

Old 03-26-2007, 09:19 PM   #7
(male)

Josh_B HB User

I dont care WHAT I have to do if it heals this.

Define "bland" diet for me please ?

Old 03-27-2007, 07:37 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

Josh,
A bland diet is one that you don't eat anything that irritates your stomach. Food that is easily digested, mildly sesoned and tender.
You basically eliminate all fast foods including-- fried food, highly seasoned food, gas forming veggies, peppers, pickled food and all alcohol.

You can search for "bland diet" on any search engine to get ideas.

I wish you well---Harry

Closed Thread