It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2007, 05:26 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

bananarama HB User
Have less than a week before surgery, and catching a cold! Is it going to affect it?

Hi! I am having my gallbladder taken out on April 4th, which is llike 5 or 6 days from now. I woke up this morning with the worst sore throat ever. Like, I am just getting over some kind of cold or what have you, butit seems to be coming bak with a vengence. What can I do to get rid of it, and will it affect the surgery at all? I don't really want to tell the doctor, because I don't want the surgery postponed for like any reason, because I have been in severe pain since September, and they just figured out what was wrong. I am freaking out! Please help!!
Thanks!!
Daisy

PS- If age has anything to do with it, I am 20!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-30-2007, 08:59 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

1sunny1 HB User1sunny1 HB User
Re: Have less than a week before surgery, and catching a cold! Is it going to affect

I have no idea if it will affect your surgery, but if it could, it is nothing to mess around with, let your Doctor know. Quite possibly he can give you something to get rid of it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-30-2007, 10:21 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ol'Line Rebel HB UserOl'Line Rebel HB User
Re: Have less than a week before surgery, and catching a cold! Is it going to affect

You might as well call the doc's office now, because if you try to hide it, they will find out on the day and kick you out if you have any infection. Wasted TRIP! I don't know if a plain "cold" is bad to them, but I know they don't like you various kinds of sick. Tell them now, get their advice. You may have to call the day before as a follow-up because that's when it REALLY counts, not as much now.

Old 03-30-2007, 01:02 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

bananarama HB User

Thanks so much!! I am really nervous, because there is no way for me to pay to go to the doctor, or any of the medications right now. All my money is going towards the surgery!! Yikes!! Ok, well, I am going to call them right now and see what they can do.

Old 03-30-2007, 03:10 PM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Take Alka Seltzer Plus for colds...every 4 hours....

Old 04-01-2007, 01:50 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

bananarama HB User

Ok, so I went to Immediate Care yesterday, and they told me I have an upper respiratory infection, sinus infection, and pharyngitis. I am on the Z-pack right now. So, my question now is, could this afffect my surgery? I really need to have the surgery done, and don't want it to be canceled. I am hoping that it is posible to still do it, even if it means a few extra days in the hospital. I don't really care, I just want all the drama in my life to end. Please Help!!!! Thanks!! Any suggestions would be amazing!

Old 04-01-2007, 03:14 PM   #7
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

CAll your surgeon's office and ask! At this point, you will probably be well by then but since they want you to stop certain meds before surgery, I'm not sure what qualifies there.

Closed Thread