It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2007, 02:36 AM   #1
(female)

fierce_eagle HB User
bloating to the extreme

Its been a week since ive been having this issue and its been waking me up in the middle of the night all week. It first started out with a stomach virus and now every time I eat I'm so bloated I can barely breath or even bend over. Today I gave in and took something over the counter to hope that will help and it only feels like it made it worse. I'm so bloated now that my stomach is pinching and I cant get back to sleep. I'm starting to develop anxiety and I don't think this is helping me at all. I have had BM at least once a day but very little and very incomplete. Its not hard really soft and skinny with a very, very light color. I have had problems in the past with bloating but nothing this bad. All I do is burp and once in a great while pas gas and I know this is not something ever one wants to hear but I just wish I can let 1 go. Is there something that helps get rid of this feeling. I'm at the point that I want to go to ER but I dint want to go in for gas. I feel like my stomach is not even digesting anything like something is almost stuck in my my stomach and causing everything to halt. Has anyone else had any of these symptoms and found ways to help it???

Sorry so long just venting

The following user gives a hug of support to fierce_eagle:
metha123 (10-08-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-01-2007, 05:34 PM   #2
(female)

laphotowoman HB User
Re: bloating to the extreme

I dont want to scare you but I had the same thing-- after a flu my stomach was a mess and it would go away after a few weeks-- except two years ago it came and it stayed
I, too, feel like food is just sitting there, am totally bloated, fart like a wind machine(sorry) no matter what I eat. I take 1/4 an Ativan tablet ( anti nausea med) before i eat, this helps with the pressure and nausea, though am still gassy. The BM's are normal for me, its really about gas and pressure in the stomach area.I also have terrible gurgling noises in my stomach after I eat, like hunger growls, but after food comes in.
I've heard ginger helps, Im going to try it, I'll report back if it works.
You have my sympathy..it's awful.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-02-2007, 04:11 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

ArabianPrince HB User

I have the same problem for the last 7 years, and sadly I would like to point out that no doctor will be able to help you, so do not waste your money on stupid anti depression pills which they might give to you or any other medicines.
I think the only way to solve this problem is by going on a strict diet for a month called "Anti Parasites Diet". Just do your search on the net and you will be surprised at how many people suffer from this problem world wide!
In short, your stomach has parasites which eat from the food you eat. They mainly love Starch, Potatoes, rice, sweets, and dairy products...etc. And surely they do pass gases while living inside of you, and thats what makes you feel bloated. If you go on this diet, you will feel worst in the first few days because when these creatures start to die, they start to pass gas as well, so dont feel worried...but remember the most food to avoid is SUGAR and BREAD!!

Please let me know if you tried this diet...I have tried it for a week and started to feel lighter and much better, but I gave up cause I love bread and sweet stuff but I want you to do it for your own health...and remember, this diet will make you loose weight so fast!

Guys...I really want your feedback...lets try to solve this problem...we are sick of this!!

Old 05-07-2007, 06:07 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

cad2 HB User

I had the exact same thing and my dr did say that I more than likely have an over production of yeast in the intestines due to large dose of antibiotics after my c- section but you can get this imbalance for no reason at all. I started taking probiotics as well as digestive enzymes with my meals and eating a sugar free wheat free dairy free diet sounds tough but I feel a ton better. Why don't you try some probiotics to help with good bacteria.

Old 05-07-2007, 12:14 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ol'Line Rebel HB UserOl'Line Rebel HB User

Sounds to me like several things you'd want to look into:

-H. Pylori or any other infections, or conversely a depletion of "good" bacteria
-Gastroparesis (stomach not working - major fullness)
-liver problems (light-colored stools is not good if consistent)

I would see a doctor and ask him about these possibilities if he doesn't come up with it himself.

Old 05-09-2007, 06:11 PM   #6
(female)

RIGIRL HB User

go to gnc or buy it online. its called "enzymic whole body cleanse' it works great. its a 2 week thing you will def feel better

Old 05-09-2007, 06:27 PM   #7
(female)

babsbro HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by fierce_eagle View Post
Its been a week since ive been having this issue and its been waking me up in the middle of the night all week. It first started out with a stomach virus and now every time I eat I'm so bloated I can barely breath or even bend over. Today I gave in and took something over the counter to hope that will help and it only feels like it made it worse. I'm so bloated now that my stomach is pinching and I cant get back to sleep. I'm starting to develop anxiety and I don't think this is helping me at all. I have had BM at least once a day but very little and very incomplete. Its not hard really soft and skinny with a very, very light color. I have had problems in the past with bloating but nothing this bad. All I do is burp and once in a great while pas gas and I know this is not something ever one wants to hear but I just wish I can let 1 go. Is there something that helps get rid of this feeling. I'm at the point that I want to go to ER but I dint want to go in for gas. I feel like my stomach is not even digesting anything like something is almost stuck in my my stomach and causing everything to halt. Has anyone else had any of these symptoms and found ways to help it???

Old 05-09-2007, 06:28 PM   #8
(female)

babsbro HB User
Re: bloating to the extreme - Is this where I post my reply?

Quote:

Old 05-09-2007, 06:37 PM   #9
(female)

babsbro HB User

I have been so bloate as well that I have drank 8 glasses ofwater before going to bed hoping that possibly thewater would help at least with the constipation thatI have as well with the bloat. YOu know, I have actually had to stick my finger up my rectum to help my fecal matter come out, I'm that constipated. My doctor has given me the syrup that they give patients that they give them before surgery tomake sure they're digestive tract is all clear. I'mstartingtolook pregnant. I don't know if you watch trailer park boys but I'm starting to look like Ricky but I'm not. It's not funny at all. I take bottle of tums all of the time. It's nice to hear that there are others out there. I'm sorry for you. I hope you receive this. I don't know. I tell my doctor that I'm extremely bloated. I go up on the bed. He feels around, as if I'm pregnant, even though I'm not, he tellsme to eat more fibre, which I do, Ido everything, he doesn't seemto be listening. I hope one day I drop almost deadand I amost die and it's an almost a malpractice suit because I've been on top of it for so long. I know how you're feeling is what I'm trying to say and youhave my sincerest suppport.

Old 07-15-2007, 10:48 AM   #10
(male)

mutantGene58 HB User

Quote:

Try a product called DIGESTIVE ADVANTAGE for Irritable Bowel Syndrome. It can be purchased at Walmart or Walgreens. This product works wonders for me!

Old 08-08-2007, 04:36 AM   #11
(male)

SpicyT9 HB User

Could it be too many chemicals & preservatives in the food we eat ?

Old 08-09-2007, 08:45 PM   #12
(female)

MACYS411 HB User
Wink Re: bloating to the extreme

Well I Have Been Suffering From Extreme Bloating For Years. I'm Sorry I Haven't Found Any Thing To Help Yet. I Am Planning On Going To The Doctors, Real Soon. I Just Can't Live With All This Pressure. I Feel Like I'm Going To Pop. I'll Let You Know What The Doctor Tells Me. I'm Sick Of Suffering. Being This Bloated Is Putting Pressure On My Bladder, So I'm Peeing All The Time. Like Every 20 Min. I Feel Weak And I Break In Sweats, Cause Of This. I'm Sorry I Can't Help You Right Now. But When I Can I Will Let You Know What You Can Do. But You Are Not Alone.

Old 08-12-2007, 03:38 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pika HB User

Me too. I've seen the Gastro dr. She send me for a heap of tests. All come back "Good". Even my fatty liver has gone........

My tummy bloat up huge... like it is going to "POP" soon! It causes me hard to breath and pressure on my uterus.. bladder. Every cough, Opps! Urine it comes out... so embarrass.....

Old 08-19-2007, 07:02 PM   #14
(female)

midwestmom HB User
Unhappy Re: bloating to the extreme

I feel the same way. Bloated until I feel like I'm going to pop. I can eat a tiny dinner and I feel like I've eating three plates full. Then I belch for the rest of the evening. It's so gross and I'm so miserable.

Old 08-29-2007, 05:59 AM   #15
(male)

SpicyT9 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol'Line Rebel View Post
Sounds to me like several things you'd want to look into:

-H. Pylori or any other infections, or conversely a depletion of "good" bacteria
-Gastroparesis (stomach not working - major fullness)
-liver problems (light-colored stools is not good if consistent)

I would see a doctor and ask him about these possibilities if he doesn't come up with it himself.
I started to have respiratory problems & stomach bloating AFTER the eradication of H. Pylori by triple therapy . I have normal BM , normal stools . Just stomach distension & shortness of breath / breathing discomfort.

Closed Thread