It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2007, 11:23 AM   #1
(female)

xastur7 HB User
Upper abdominal hardness

For around two months now I have noticed a distention of some sort in my upper abdomen. It is located directly above the navel and its length is across the entire upper front. I am a 23 slender female so it's pretty noticible. The upper abdomen sticks out probably 1/2 an inch to one inch further than the bottom. It is also very firm to touch, hard as a rock. However when I lie down on my back I can't see it anymore, and I can view my normal ab muscle line again.

Since I've noticed this, my appetite has been horrible, but I still eat like normal, and yet I've lost ten pounds in the past two months. Not every day, but pretty much, I have a constant dull pain right at the bottom of my ribs on my right side/back. This is also making my breathing harder. My breathing is like it was when I was pregnant, I feel like something is always pushing on me. I can eat just a few bites of something and feel stuffed. Also having daily dizziness.

I've dealt with constipation problems my entire life, and I eat the daily amount of fiber needed and yet still have to take Colon Cleanse pills or I can't go. I never take stimulants in fear of becoming addicted.

Has anyone else experienced this? Or have any clues to what it could be? I'm worried of a bowel obstruction or tumor of some sort. I plan to go to the dr. in two weeks or so due to money issues, as I have no insurance. Just wanting some answers until then.

Last edited by xastur7; 04-24-2007 at 11:31 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-23-2008, 12:56 PM   #2
(female)

zigster6 HB User
Re: Upper abdominal hardness

Did you ever find our the answer to this? I am having the exact same problem right now!

Old 04-23-2008, 01:26 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

ZoeGirl HB User

I had the upper abdomen swelling along with other digestive problems. They removed my gallbladder and while I am not a fan of yanking it out unless necessary, I no longer have the upper abdominal swelling. Some nights I thought i might pop and I am also slender in the middle, so I looked very odd with that swelling in the top half only.

Typical symptoms are upper right sided pain and into the back/shoulder blades. I didn't have those symptoms but my gallbladder wasn't functioning at all after being tested. I suppose this is something you should investigate further with your physician.

Old 05-01-2008, 07:09 AM   #4
(female)

zigster6 HB User

Well I don't have any pain... it's just something I noticed and it indeed looks odd. I'll check into the gallbladder thing.

If anyone else has any opinions on what could be causing it, I'd love to hear them.

Closed Thread