It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2007, 09:50 PM   #1
(male)

vertigoa HB User
Lump, pain, discomfort on lower right abdomen > long term, worsening symptoms

Thanks for reading.

First off, 30y/o m. I've had about every test done over the past few years. Blood, ultrasound, ct, colonoscopy. I have no constipation, blood or any abnormal bowel symptoms.
I have a consistant mass/lump located in the area where my large intestine connect with my small intestine, in the lower right abdomen. It feel like there is an orange or baseball in there, especially when I lie down. I can feel this inside me and when i push down on it. Why would I push down on it? Well, I kind of have to. The mass grows and gets painfully uncomfortable, so I need to push on it to kind of move it along or "flatten it out".
It almost seems like that part of my intestine muscle has stopped working and the feces justs "stops moving" and it need to be physically assisted in order to continue. When I push down it is very loud, like lots of bubbles popping, and I can feel lumps there. The thing is, even when the lump isnt huge like a ball, there are always smaller lumps there that I can feel with my hands and also internally.
If I dont push down the disconmfort gets progressivly worse until I do. It wasnt always this bad, but over the years has gotten worse. There is always a discomforting, tightening, bloated feeling in the same spot, 24 hours a day and It is starting to really affect my life, Especially when the doctors say nothing is wrong.
Additionally, when I had my colonoscopy regarding this 3 years ago, the doctor told me there was nothing wrong but that he removed some "growths" in that area. I was younger at the time and didn't really ask questions further but now I am wondering.

In addition to that, around the same time I started having this abdominal problem,, about three months later I developed a dull pain under my right lower rib cage. It never goes away either, and has never been diagnosed.
I would appreciated any idea as to what this may be.

Thanks for reading the long post.

Last edited by vertigoa; 05-01-2007 at 09:53 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-02-2007, 07:04 AM   #2
(male)

ingee HB User
Re: Lump, pain, discomfort on lower right abdomen > long term, worsening symptoms

You need to see a General Surgeon and get it removed.

Old 05-02-2007, 10:59 AM   #3
(female)

jujubee7 HB User
Re: Lump, pain, discomfort on lower right abdomen > long term, worsening symptoms

Have you had an endoscopy? Could be a hiatal hernia?
or have you had a HIDA scan to check the gallbladder function? That sounds very much like your symptoms too...

Old 05-02-2007, 11:17 AM   #4
(male)

vertigoa HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jujubee7 View Post
Have you had an endoscopy? Could be a hiatal hernia?
or have you had a HIDA scan to check the gallbladder function? That sounds very much like your symptoms too...
Thanks for the reply.

Yes I have had an endoscopy but have not had an HIDA scan. Im not sure exactly what that is to be honest.

Closed Thread