It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2007, 07:49 AM   #1
(female)

jujubee7 HB User
Stomach hardness.....

Ok, I have been trying now for about a month to get some diagnosis/relief for my syptoms...
they are as follows: stomach is hard- my family doc noticed this and ordered an ultrasound, everything showed up ok on it. My surgeon noticed the same thing and almost ordered a cat scan, I mentioned the ultrasound and he looked it up on his comp. as I had it done there, and he said yeah everything was normal, and ordered an endoscope.... I was seeing the surgeon because I had a HIDA scan and it showed my ef at 24% which is below the norm. He was reluctant to perform the surgery, he stated my syptoms: hard stomach, bloating, chest pain, difficulty in getting a deep breath at times... were a-typical and he could not guarantee that it is my gallbladder....I am worried about the hard stomach. I am a bigger girl, and there is some flabbiness there, but you can feel just a hardness all over my stomach area... my family doctor stated when he ordered the ultrasound that it could just be a fat pad, but I couldn't imagine it being hard like that.... should I be worried??

I just now made an appt. with my colon doc. as I do have ulceritive proctitis...I just want to figure something out SOON... I am uncomfortable all the time

any advice or information will help thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread