It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2007, 07:34 PM   #1
(female)

mizzaj HB User
Talking Non Ulcer Dyspepsia

Hi Everyone,

Even though I've posted several times about the possibility that I need to have my gallbladder removed, one of the things my doc mentioned I might have is non ulcer dyspepsia. It's apparently kind of a "catch all" GI diagnosis, if you can call it a diagnosis, but the symptoms do sound similar to mine-- more similar in some cases than those caused by the gall stones I was diagnosed with two months ago. I just don't know anymore.

I read the information on the Mayo Clinic website about non ulcer dyspepsia, and the treatments listed where a whole host of acid suppressing drugs, antispasmodics, and antibiotics if it's H Pylori. I was put on Protonix several months ago before the docs knew what was wrong with me, but that wreaked havoc on my system, and since going off, I haven't had any problems with acid reflux (nor did I before I was given the Protonix). Now my doc has prescribed me an antispasmodic, Levsin, and I have yet to take it because something in me is afraid to take another drug that either won't work, or will screw me up like the Protonix.

Have any of you been diagnosed with non ulcer dyspepsia? If so, what kind of symptoms did you have, and how long did it last? What treatments were you given?

I still have a surgical consult to see about getting my gallbladder out, but I also want the doc to do another ultrasound to *really* figure out what they found in my gallbladder-- sludge, stones, etc.

I don't know why I'd have non ulcer dyspepsia. I'm not stressed, I don't eat too fast or too poorly, etc. But like I said, the symptoms do sound similar. Although in some ways, I guess they all do! Who the heck knows?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-08-2007, 02:41 AM   #2
(female)

mellyuk HB User
Re: Non Ulcer Dyspepsia

Hi

I have been having rumbling stomach, hunger pains and stomach burn. also at times I feel like I need to burp or pass wind but I can't, then sometimes I pass wind for 10 minutes none stop.

I have been on ulcer meds for 5 weeks, no improvment and today I have my third driving test and my stomach is so bad today, so I am begining to wonder if stress and anxiety is causing my problems.

However I am going to make the doctor send me for a scope to make sure and demand blood tests to make sure,

good luck

xx

Closed Thread