It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2007, 11:50 AM   #1
(female)

Sadlyn HB User
Strange twisting pain in upper right stomach

I have had a strange pain in my upper right abdomen area. Feels like it is under my rib cage, sharp, with pressure, then "relaxes" for a better word. I also feel kinda "achey and bloated" but only have had the sharp pain twice.

Any thoughts on what this could be?

Sadlyn

Old 06-25-2007, 01:03 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

diamond79 HB User
Re: Strange twisting pain in upper right stomach

Possibly Gallbladder? See your Dr. and have an ultrasound and/or Hida Scan done. Could be something else, but that is the first thing that came to mind when you mentioned pain under right rib cage.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-02-2007, 05:21 PM   #3
(female)

carla111 HB User
Unhappy Re: Strange twisting pain in upper right stomach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadlyn View Post
I have had a strange pain in my upper right abdomen area. Feels like it is under my rib cage, sharp, with pressure, then "relaxes" for a better word. I also feel kinda "achey and bloated" but only have had the sharp pain twice.

Sadlyn
Hi Sadlyn....i have he exact same malodie...and believe me it freaking hurts....i have suffered with this for a couple of months now....it gets to the point the bloating and really huge feeling in my abdomen is of great concern to me....i think i will seek some professional help and this point...i will gladly let you know ..pls do the same for me...thanks lots.....p.s. the pain is especially bad at nite which wakes me up...

Old 09-04-2007, 02:31 AM   #4
(female)

ContessaDeb HB User

I don't know if you already did this, but get the sonogram
I had soreness in right abdomen and it was a chronic diseased gall bladder. I thought I bumped myself and was sore; no it was gall bladder. I waited and boy I have never been so sick in my whole life since then. Had gall bladder removed 8/16

Old 09-07-2007, 10:55 AM   #5
(female)

brighterday HB User

I too have had a pain in my upper right stomach under my rib cage and a little down. I have had a colon test, catscan and other but no findings. I do not have a gallbladder any more. If I eat at night and lay down I am sure going to be sick the next morning. I sometimes even vomit. I feel blosted at times. My pain feels like a baseball is located in that place. Please help if you can.

Old 11-07-2007, 12:00 PM   #6
(male)

raulromo34 HB User
Cool Re: Strange twisting pain in upper right stomach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadlyn View Post

Sadlyn
i am 37 year old hipanic male and i had a strange pain right below my pectorial @ my rib cage..at first i was at work in the morning, and got hungry. So i ate some carrots...still was hungry and ate a peach...at the second bit i got this terrible pain in that area i metioned...it felt like the acid of the peach burned...but not in my stomache...i was bent over...the pain did not go away..i went to see the doctor after two days of still pain..couldn't sleep on my sides or stomache. just on my back...doctor took my blood pressure and said it looked great..did a EKG...and found one of the v1 was not as good as the others....he was worried about a few things...galbadder, broken rib (did x ray) no broken rib, maybe brused lung or cartliage area. He also metion some disease..that breaks out in a terrible rash after about 5 days and is the worst pain you can image (he said)..luckly that didn't happen...he was worried about my heart...so he told me to take two asprins every day....and get back to him the next week if pain did not go away. the pain was going away, then yesterday pain was minimal until i carried the laundry baskets....later the same pain came back, but aliite lower on the rib cage....might have to go back to the doc to get some blood work drawn.....anyone every have similar symtoms???

Old 11-07-2007, 12:50 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Linda_in_NJ HB User

raulromo34, the rash with the bad pain is a disease called shingles.

Closed Thread